Thread: Got back on the wagon,but am I just starving myself? page

standingbymself is offline Junior Member

Got back on the wagon,but am I just starving myself?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Evenin' all...
    As expected,xmas was a really bad time for my primal ways.As well as drinking beer 7 days on the trot,I had a couple of really bad binges (mainly down to emotional eating)...
    Lost any definition of my abs,and generally feel soft and crap.
    Got back on it yesterday,but I've only eaten 4 small meals since yesterday morning.
    I like to IF,but I'm worried I'm eating less than 800 cals a day when I do.
    Wheres the margin between IF and not eating enough?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Best thing you can do after a bad fall is to just get back up and walk, don't run. Eat Primally, don't worry too much about IF'ing. That can make it harder and more stressful.

On the other hand... now that you know how much it sucks to fall off the wagon hard, you'll be less likely to do it next time because recovery is a pain in the ass.

eat more protein

When I first started, I was STARVING as well. I find I need to eat double the amount of protein. If dinner is chicken breasts, I eat at least 2. As well as 2 hamburgers (no bun). I might feel full after one, but I'll be hungry in an hour if I don't eat more. Squash is really filling too (and oh so yummy). Roast a butternut squash, or spaghetti squash. They yield quite alot of leftovers too, which is good for your pocket. I usually make 2 different vegetable sides as well.

Keep on the Primal blueprint. The first few days are the hardest but I'm sure you'll get the swing of it.

Keep us posted.
    Cara
    http://primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

standingbymself is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the quick responses...
    I have been following primal since last summer,and was starting to see some good results (Was actually trying to gain weight up until october).
    Now I've lost all my definition,I was to try and get back in shape as soon as possible.
    Like I said with my initial post,I'm worried about falling into the trap of eating far too little.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Yes don't worry about IFing for the moment. eat lots of yummy, primal food- steaks, bacon, eggs, fat, veggies. You'll feel right as rain in no time.