Thread: Blood Pressure page

runman1954 is offline Member

Blood Pressure

Shop Now
    I started the Primal Lifestyle about 3 weeeks ago. I'm down 8 lbs and feel great. The reason I decided to become a desciple was I have been active all my life, I'm a former competitive distance runner and became trapped in the thought that if it wasn't aerobic exercise it wasn't exercise, I've never wanted to have a bulky muscualr body, just good symmetry. However after years of pounding the pavement I wasn't keeping the weight off anymore and my joints were starting to talk to me. On top of that my lipid profile at my annual checkup was starting to change for the worst and I developed high blood pressure. These things really upset me since I watched my father waste away from diabetes and now despite all my efforts I was headed in the same direction. I'm 56 years old 5'11" and weight 218 lbs. Today I'm down to 210 and my blood pressure has come down. I have a full blood profile scheduled for this month and I'm looking forward to positive results. Not where I want to be but feel great about heading in the right direction. Eating this way is not hard, except explaining to the waiter or waitress why I don't want toast, biscuits or pancakes at breakfast or bread and potatoes and lunch or dinner.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Great job with your BP results and your weight loss. I used to pound the pavement and log 30-50 miles a week running. No bueno.

I have the same issues at restaurants. On the weekends we usually go out for breakfast. The waiters/waitresses always think I don't like the food because I never eat the home fries or hash browns that come in heaping amounts. On top of that they give you bread with it!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.