Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 99

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Winencandy -- My pull-ups are, uh, well I've been sporadically doing some negs that slightly reduce the acceleration of gravity! I haven't focused on it at all. I need to at least start some bodyweight exercises to get my core back in shape. I should've started a few months ago when they finally medically cleared me, but... lazy... hesitant... work killing me... no good excuse!
    sounds like my pull ups

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    But I don't just need motivation, I need self-discipline, which is a different beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Self-discipline's an unruly bastard indeed.
    Mine's a Dragon
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I should have waited a day before reappearing! I'm in the emergency room. Messed up my knee in the shower -- it collapsed and then I fell. Feels like the last time I partly tore my ACL. Awaiting verdict, icing, face palming with the thought that maybe more stability work could have prevented this.

It's my right so it'll affect driving, I have to disassemble both standing desks, yadda....

On my phone so can't type much. Ill post verdict later.

They think maybe it's a torn meniscus (that pad between your upper and lower leg bones.) Dunno. Gotta get the orthopedist to check it out this week. Gaaah.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Damn woman! You can't win for losing! Do you need a bubble or a cage around you?

It's pretty fucking ridiculous. Maybe NOW I'll be able to talk myself into working out properly, after PT is done.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My mom had her meniscus removed a couple of years ago because it was torn and pushing out on the side. She finally started exercising more (kettlebells at my recommendation) and it's already helping a lot with the pain. She also has arthritis (so I'm hoping she'll give primal a try someday!), however. Working on the muscles will definitely help!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    urgh! sorry to hear this.

Aaand now our toddler has hand/foot/mouth virus. Again. What the hell. It's not some kinda contest!

In other news, orthopedist thinks I dislocated my kneecap. It's back in place now, but he says it seems to be in an odd alignment so it may do this again sometime unless I get good PT. I can't start PT though, since I still need that MRI to determine whether there's a torn meniscus or any other cartilate rattling around where it shouldn't be. MRI will be Friday, they'll interpret the results for me next week.

Meanwhile, in Primal news, I am downing tons of homemade, gelatin-rich chicken/beef stock today. I'm not allowed to eat since my colonoscopy is tomorrow, but by god I can have broth, and oh it is SO good. I stocked up (get it?!) ahead of time and it is hitting the spot.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Fingers crossed for good news on the knee and gut front! I need to start stocking up on broth too, just too lazy to make it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I can't get homemade broth to taste good so I gave up. Good luck on your colonoscopy, and I hope your and knee the toddly woddly feel better soon.