Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 97

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, out for breakfast. 3 eggs and a bit of bacon and fruit: 8 bucks and change. For that I could get 18 eggs and a pound of bacon, and cook it better. Eating at home is often better.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    So far, so reasonably good with staying truly strict. (And lost a couple pounds as a result.) Two little Incidents:
    • Coworker brought in some homemade cinnamon coffee cake. I had a slice, totally worth it.
    • Last night I snagged two pieces of the pizza we were serving our vegetarian guest and only this morning did it occur to me I screwed up. Whoops!

I guess I'm lucky the wheat doesn't overtly affect me.

Optimus made me another two vats of my primal stew today so I should be nicely enfoodened for the next forseeable weeks.

Hmm, Optimus, what are we gonna do for vacation? I know we'll be shopping there too, but do we wanna be crazy people and bring a cooler full of frozen soup/chili bricks? :D I think Zany needs the soup, at least...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    frozen soup/stew blocks is a great idea. i need to remember that for the next camping trip.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    So, out for breakfast. 3 eggs and a bit of bacon and fruit: 8 bucks and change. For that I could get 18 eggs and a pound of bacon, and cook it better. Eating at home is often better.
    I know it is getting bad, I have been holing up in my house and only eating my own food. Honestly, someone drag me outta here.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

[QUOTE=Jenny; Optimus, what are we gonna do for vacation? I know we'll be shopping there too, but do we wanna be crazy people and bring a cooler full of frozen soup/chili bricks? I think Zany needs the soup, at least...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Most stuff we can get out there, but, if we think we can pull it off without it thawing too much, let's bring a bunch of soups and chili.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I know it is getting bad, I have been holing up in my house and only eating my own food. Honestly, someone drag me outta here.
    Hi! I am feeling the same. Except for sushi or Korean food, and maybe crabs, restaurants are not really worth it.

Hey everybody. In the continuing saga of us being sick as dogs, we and our toddler had impressive digestive disturbances (nausea and Down Below) for the first week of May.

Poor Optimus lost weight _again_ as a result of being unable to eat for two days. I'm still breaking even on weight myself (maybe minus 5 pounds, who knows though, it changes a lot.)

On the upside we've been able to get more and more active, which is good for us. New swingset is great for getting outside... we're adding as much paleo/primal variety to the kids's food as possible...

I need to bite the bullet and bring a special "no gluten" dry snack for our toddler at school. Some fake gluten-free pretzels or something, since I can't send nuts. The whole "But she will feel left out from what all the other kids eat!" factor should really NOT be an anxiety point for me. After all, the older she gets, the more paleo she eats... then she'll always be eating differently. This is a good exercise in getting used to that difference early so it's that much less of a big deal later.

(I'm still not banning her from birthday cupcakes or anything like that, though. Making it that big of a deal seems counterproductive considering we have no known food intolerances, just healthy preferences.)

Let's see, what else... uh... I've been so god-awful busy and stressed at work, as usual I haven't cruised down my subscription list here in the MDA forum at all. :( Sorry everybody!

(And on a related note, all this stress isn't helping encourage my body to lose weight, I suspect. I think I'm grinding my teeth at night too.)

Vacation is coming. Want to walk and run at the beach, swim in the pool with my kids. It will be very good.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That vacation sounds nice! Atlantic coast? I'm off next week myself. Got nothing planned but playing mandolin, playing frisbee, playing Diablo 3, eating good food, spending time with good friends, and getting lots of exercise in. Summer's finally come a-callin' up here.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear you guys are sick! Hopefully a week of relaxation and recreation will re-energize the crew. Have fun!

Yep, Outer Banks. I can't WAIT. I would be headdesking frequently this week, but my desktop is made of glass and that's probably not advisable.

In other news, I convinced our toddler to try chicken again by showing her how we can use small cookie cutters to make stars, hearts, etc. out of a flat piece of meat. She loves it. XD As she ate, she deliberately made adorable "OM NOM AHM NOM NOM" sounds, too.

Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast