Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 92

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I haven't posted here in forever. Sorry! And more importantly I need to get back to that pull-up thread either today or tomorrow, but first things first: A summary for everybody here.

We had major respiratory illness for weeks there, sinus/ear/throat infections, needed antibiotics. It's been four weeks for me and I'm still coughing a bit. The doctor told me she's seen very few cases of flu this year, but this multi-week cough has been very prevalent and she's seen 50 or 60 cases of it developing into pneumonia (!) so I'm glad I was on antibiotics.

Incision-wise -- I'm healed!!! Finally! It healed in a very different style this time, looks different, feels different. So I am allowing myself to get my hopes up and actually think perhaps this has been the final chapter.

Of course I am still supposed to avoid exercise (all types, they said no bodyweight even... though I am sure planks and pushups would be fine considering) for a month. But then I can swim again at last, which seems very key to my health.

Foodwise I haven't done what I should. I mean it could be worse, but my weight has been just steady instead of going down the way it ought to. Even if I can't work out I should be able to be compliant with food and lose some weight, so... yeah.

I always say priorities are revealed by people's actions, not words. So therefore clearly I haven't been prioritizing my behaviors to match my goals! I have to remember that every time I see those lovely cranberry muffins at work.

Optimus, thanks for your support through all these illnesses and making me nice primal salads and soup for work and etc. etc. you're great.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Incision-wise -- I'm healed!!! Finally! It healed in a very different style this time, looks different, feels different. So I am allowing myself to get my hopes up and actually think perhaps this has been the final chapter.
    Woot! Woot! and welcome back!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    About fucking time you're healed! Woooo!

To celebrate: it looks like I'm in for PAX East in April.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Hooray! I am so happy to hear that. Where there is a will there's a way.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Oh! I gotta move my ass then on the strength building

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Huh. 5:00- had some steak, shared with kid.
    6:30-7:30- large bowl of chilli, apple, pot of tea.

Hungry again. Too lazy to make eggs...
    Maybe I'll go get yogurt.

Optimus had an amusing dream last night that should make our fellow meativores laugh, but I'll let him tell you about it.

As for me... I'm not even to the one month mark yet for healing, but I really want to exercise somehow. Surely I can do zero-impact stuff like planks and push-ups? (by "zero impact" I mean of course that I'm not bouncing my stomach around or bumping into it. My muscles underneath are not injured at all, after all.) I keep pondering my options.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    As non-Primal as it is, isometric exercises are probably best until you're 100%. That way you don't inadvertently involve your core when you don't want to. Dumbbell curls, air squats... that kind of thing.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    woohoo! it had to happen eventually! as far as exercise goes, i'm certainly not an expert but i imagine a little couldn't hurt. just make sure to keep the area free from perspiration.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Agreed... I'm not going out to do sprints or even swim just yet, that's for sure.

And I just reread -- thanks for the well-wishes, everybody. And Patrick coming to PAX! YAY!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast