Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 91

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo for pull-ups!!! I'm working towards this myself.

You feeling any better?
    Georgette

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenny! Long time no see. Glad to see you're still on here. So your debridement was just maggots? (heh - just) I don't know why, but I'd actually prefer that to the "scrape all the bad shit out" method, which an aunt just had done to her inner thigh. Horrible shit. Hope you have a great recovery and start to enjoy this new year soon.

I'll start checking in here more regularly. Keep your chin up, girl!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I'm healing, so that's good. The wound care center yesterday said it's going well and they didn't feel it necessary to be quite so heavyhanded in their debridement -- so I am not in so much pain today compared to last week. Their wound dressing technique they taught me seems to be good for me, too. This is all good.

Hey Bane! Nice to hear from you. I drop by your thread when I see updates, but don't always have something to say.

And yeah, no, no maggots. XD I would freak right the fuck out if they proposed that. They're doing the scraping approach with me. It's not a complicated topography, very straightforward "hay look a groove what needs that thar cleanin", so it's not too horrible, really. And frankly I like it a LOT better than the no-painkiller cauterization that the other place was doing.

In other news, Optimus has had a lot of digestive woe this week (I had it last week, and our nephew, so it's probably from one of us...) But it's hitting him pretty hard and he doesn't feel up for eating. I got him a bunch of Fage as a treat, but that's not enough.

And my message to him... honey, I am sure it's very frustrating, but just focus on getting un-sick right now. Then you can get back to focusing on gaining some healthy muscle weight. If you can build your weight up some it will leave you less vulnerable to illness; I think part of the complication with you being sick right now is that it's easier for uberskinny folks to get dehydrated, so make sure you drink a lot of water too.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Maggots definitely provide a significant gross factor to the process. I think I would have to be knocked out for them to do that to me. Glad to hear that didn't happen to you.

Get better soon Optimus!!!
    Georgette

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jen, yep I've resurrected my journal here-
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45398.html

I haven't had a chance to read through all 90 pages of your journal ... what happened that you are having so much trouble with wound healing?? sounds awful

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Geo, reportedly they do a really good job. Still mortifies me, though! And I like bugs.

Hi Mikki, no need to read all this. Quick summary:

• C-section for my baby in December 2010. Unbelievable that this has been going on for over a year...
    • The incision has reopened to varying degrees five times since then. (yikes! It's pretty scary but not life-threatening or anything.)
    • At one point they tried to redo the incision surgically, but it got infected.
    • Various doctors arguably didn't do enough to figure out what was going on... repeating the same techniques (endless cauterization with no painkillers) yet expecting a different outcome...
    • This new hospital I'm going to now seems to have their act together. They actually give me lidocaine and they aren't using cautery, since that doesn't seem to work for me. They also taught me a better wound dressing technique. So... I have my hopes up again. They think it'll be healed up in under two months, hopefully for good this time.

I just have to say that as frustrated as I am, I can't even imagine how poorly I would be doing if I were still eating my old pre-primal, pre-pregnancy way: all pasta, all the time, and very little meat. That protein is so critical to healing! (I still don't like meat much but I've found ways to deal with that. Meat's the way to go for me... my body doesn't like beans much at all.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Oh SNAP. I was afraid it was something like that, but a YEAR???? I'm so sorry

Has anyone done a wound-vac? Some times we have transplant patients whose incisions don't close and that helps a lot...

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Hi all.

My New Years resolution is to gain ten lbs of functional muscle during the next year, minimum.

Now that I am not sick, AGAIN, I'm eating more eggs and bacon and smaller salads. I fixed another chili, still not totally happy.

Started basic movements and lifting very small weights. I'm worried about re-injuring my back, so I am moving up gradually.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Optimus: Don't forget to eat lot's of probiotics! Your immune system is up in your gut. You can eat billions and billions everyday & it will do you good.

Jenny: I am sending you happy healing vibes.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi me2!

Yeah, we're taking them. I'm also eating lots of eggs, bacon, etc., and I have been using Primal Fuel, but can only stand it with banana and cinnamon.

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast