Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 90

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oops. Sorry! Yeah, not a very appetizing thread, unlike so many here at MDA...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Die, spambot, die.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Whenever I make soup and put meat in it, I always cook it first. Problem is, I pretty much suck at making broth based soups.

I did look up "debridement" while eating breakfast and I didn't get ill. I'm going to presume that makes me a freak of nature.
    Georgette

In that case you're one of my favorite freaks, Geo. But seriously, I would bet for WNC, it was the combo of red food with the description (which I edited out!)

If you really want to test your iron stomach, do a google image search for it. But I really don't recommend that!!

I'm not great at broth-based soups either unless I have a frakton of beef marrow handy... I usually just get broth from the natural flavors of the meat and vegetables -- and use boullion. Yeah I know it's not 100% primal, but I don't think it'll hurt me either.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I googled and read a description for debridement .. no thanks. I had a time in my life when I saw a LOT of weird and messed up videos, but simple things can actually gross me out more. Like, I just cannot see broken limbs (even if no bone pops out of the skin) so I refuse to engage in arm wrestling, and I feel uncomfortable if I have to watch it.

Chocotaco posted what sounds like an awesome chili recipe on his (new) blog. I'm going to try to make it as one of my inaugural whole30 meals (doing a 30DONN for January, because I hate myself) Paleo Beef Heart Chili | The Caveman Eats (beef heart optional, but it's hella awesome so I wouldn't take out) so Optimus should check that out.

As far as weight gaining, I assume you've tried combining starches with fats right? I'm saying if I was in your shoes I'd eat buttery mashed potatoes with assorted meats damn near everyday with the biggest smile on my face. I'd also do nothing, but I don't recommend that you should definitely keep up the resistance training.

Sorry to hear about your wound issues Jen, doesn't sound like fun... I probably would enjoy having maggots on a wound. I am pretty confident I'd spend a good deal of time watching them work.

PAX is video game related? have fun ya bunch of loonies.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I did google images of debridement and some of them freaked me out a bit, but didn't totally gross me out.

Let me write down my chili recipe for you Jenny and I'll post it on my journal. My last effort was probably the best and I used habaneros and Vietnamese fish sauce in it. The girls loved it!
    Georgette

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year, Jenny and Optimus!

SO glad to hear that the new doc/clinic seems to know what they are doing.

Looking forward to joining you on the 2012 Pull Up Challenge!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenny! I remember you were just starting before I drifted away from the forums, good to see you still here, but I'm so sorry you are having problems hopefully these new guys can finally get things straightened out!

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Hi all. Posting from phone, so no quote responses.

Thank you all for your support and ideas.

Sick again, stomach something or other, so I'm not eating much. Missing yet more work.
    Jen's taking good care of me and the kids.

Before that, doing basic movement workout every other night, will gradually work up to begger things. Was eating more eggs and bacon, less salad. Second attempt at chili (ground beef, onion, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomato, several spices). Will try other recipes.

As always thanks for the well-wishes everyone. Wow MikkiB, it's been ages! How are you now? Let me know when you get a journal running, if you do.

And in other news... I finally finished setting this up:

★ ★ ★ Challenge Yourself: Do a Pull-Up in 2012 ★ ★ ★

Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast