Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 88

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Will do, Jac! Lord knows I love handing out all my medical TMI here. ...Well not ALL of it, I haven't given you any gory stories about transvaginal surgeries lately!

And yeah, winencandy, not only do you not look 125 lbs there, there's no way that's "overweight". You should submit these to Illustrated BMI Categories - a set on Flickr . I know BMI makes sense for some people but for others, it seems way off! This is particularly true for women if you're the least bit muscular. Sometimes I think the BMI tables assume everyone is willowy zero-exercise Twiggy era.

I've taken some protein supplements (Juven) for wound healing, and I've been sticking with the silver alginate dressings.

Somebody (one of the ____birds) suggested a homeopathic remedy I was too chicken to try. I also hear raw honey can be great for wounds but despite its antimicrobial properties, because there's a risk of infection here, I didn't want to feed it any sugar.

As for Hypericum, wow, looks like it has nicely measured effects according to PubMed.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I keep getting big carb cravings. And caving in. And feeling IBS-type sick (which I've never noticed before, but it's an interesting correlation and some would say causation.).....I never have the energy or time or motivation to do exercise in the evenings, so my new plan is to give myself a little break at work....Hopefully the exercise and extra protein will help my energy levels. I still feel crappy.
    I found sugary freezy drinks can give stomach aches...I agree with your exercise plan, plus, after you recover, you should swim some.

Well, this was a sort of smug-inducing moment even though it's not really justified: So I'm talking with my coworker....."You don't have 30 pounds to lose!"
    You look really good, Jen. I agree that we could both FEEL and BE healthier, though.

BWAAAAGH my incision is open AGAIIINNNNNNNN AAAAAAAGH.
    Yeah, this has me very angry. I think the doc who started this was both incompetent and unethical. Hopefully this next one will be able to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    .....I might not be able to make PAX....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Oh gosh, that's true, I didn't even react to Patrick's non-PAX news! We'll miss you, Patrick. Sorry you're going to miss out on the con, too. I can see how it's expensive though.

If you're ever down in the mid-atlantic region of the U.S., holler and we'll invite you over.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

I seriously can't wait to get to that doctor this afternoon. This has been getting worse and worse, bigger and bigger. And it hurts a lot. It hasn't been this bad since before the previous surgery... so at this point I strongly suspect he's going to recommend surgical revision again. Probably a good idea!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    I know. Sucks. On the plus side, my friend and I sent in a pretty sweet Dicker Doodle submission.

Oh gosh, that's true, I didn't even react to Patrick's non-PAX news! We'll miss you, Patrick. Sorry you're going to miss out on the con, too. I can see how it's expensive though.

If you're ever down in the mid-atlantic region of the U.S., holler and we'll invite you over.
    Count me in! I'd like to still make it, but... yeah. Stupid money.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Good luck today Jenny. Hopefully they'll be able to do something about your incision before the weekend. I saw your post on FB about it, I just haven't had much time to post anything on it. Stupid baking. Hopefully this new doctor knows his stuff and can get you fixed up. Looks like your GP is erring on the side of caution with you seeking a second opinion which is good. I know that I have carb binged a lot this month and I think that may have helped make my issues worse. Yesterday, I had very little in the way of carbs(except for mashed potatoes and felt way better).

Hey, I know you found a paleo chili recipe but I haven't looked it. I made a kick ass chili over the weekend and I put Vietnamese fish sauce and 2 habanero peppers in with 5 pounds hamburger and 2 pounds sausage. Damn good stuff.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    pretty sweet Dicker Doodle submission.
    Ooh, got a link to it to show your cookies off? He is unaware of the dickerdoodle phenomenon, I think. I must indoctrinate him.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Hopefully they'll be able to do something about your incision before the weekend. I saw your post on FB about it, I just haven't had much time to post anything on it.
    I hope so too. It doesn't seem to have grown between last night and today so hopefully it's done, but just in case, I don't want it to keep unreeling.

And no, no obligation to reply. I have plenty of people making sympathetic noises and I know you care. ^_^ You're always sweet. And yeah, the holidays are a crazy-busy time of year! I have no idea how people even manage Christmas cards, much less baking. I can hardly handle buying pre-wrapped gifts off Amazon, seriously.

I really do like my GP. And unlike SOME doctors (my ex-OB cough cough) she knows when something is outside of her field of expertise.

Thanks for the chili tip. Optimus's next plan is to try my dad's chili recipe, since knows he already loves that.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, got a link to it to show your cookies off? He is unaware of the dickerdoodle phenomenon, I think. I must indoctrinate him.
    I will once it's all submitted and Mike and Jerry have chosen their favourites.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    I'm changing some eating habits. I like salads, but I'm making them smaller. Eating more eggs and bacon. I tried a chilli recipe, but it was boring. I'll try another soon. I'm not sure if I did it wrong, or if it's just not for me, but it was missing something....

I'm trying to stop and eat more frequently. Timing is still not great. I tend to be busy with the kids during dinner, and therefore have a late or split dinner. That will get better, I think, as the kids become increasingly independent.

Exercise. I had injured myself, recovered, gotten sick, then lost weight. Therefore, I wanted to start slow. I've just begun pushups, planks, and squats, in addition to the back exercises available via my Total Gym (including pullups at an angle). I plan to increase gradually until I am able to do the essential primal movements. Then I'll add weights. I hope to be much stronger by April, and an energetic badass by Summer.

I feel for Jen, and hope to see her healed for good by this summer too, or before. This medical situation has really disrupted many parts of our lives, and caused her great distress. But she has impressed me with her persistence, resilience, and continued support of her family and friends despite her own distress. I am proud of her, and will continue supporting her in any way I can.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't think we'll get our dickerdoodles in for the competition, but we're making them for family haha! Boyfriend's family has a good sense of humor, thankfully. We made some last year too, but I didn't get photos. I got to be the artist and I free-handed them all. It was awesome.

Fingers crossed for successful medical procedures!

I am too shy to offer to meet at PAX East, but I will be there with my boyfriend all weekend and will make note of our apparel in my journal before we go
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast