Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 86

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you like bacon, Optimus? Seriously, just add 2-3 strips of bacon at every meal (and make sure you eat three meals). Done. Fat + protein.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hey babe, I think the chili is a great idea. You can use different varieties of chili to keep it from getting boring -- and actually, you could even prep freezer containers just like I do for my soup!

[LIST][*]The Best Chili in the World | Mark's Daily Apple[*]Paleo Chili recipe mentions [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tabasco-Homestyle-C
    [/URL][*]"Real" chili doesn't
    I knew there was a reason I married you!

Beef jerky. Oh yeah....
    I don't like the substitute rice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Do you like bacon, Optimus? Seriously, just add 2-3 strips of bacon at every meal (and make sure you eat three meals). Done. Fat + protein.
    True. I could do some of that. Got to add it to the shopping list...

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    *sigh* Why can't I just split the difference and send him some of my pounds? We're like Jack Sprat and his wife.
    This made me laugh - I've got legs like a line backer, and my husband has chicken legs - if I could just have his legs I'd be able to wear boots and stockings, and he'd look manly in his shorts. We covet each other's legs . . . how sad is that

A thought about weight gain - those primal breakfast muffins (in the 1st MDA cookbook I think) have eggs and cheese in them so you could eat them when you're not home. Good to have something to grab and go, maybe?
    Last edited by Jac; 12-07-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenny, hi Optimus!

[Sheesh, what's it take to stop the freakin spammers...?]

Just chiming in to say that I think that prepared-ahead-of-time meals - especially high protein and high fat - go along way to combatting the "I forgot to eat" phenomenon. If it's in front of you (in a lunch bag, whatever), it's a lot harder to forget.

In solidarity with you, Mrs. Sprat,
    Aila
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hi jac! Yeah, it's a good idea. I did try the primal breakfast muffins with cheese on Optimus. No go, he isn't a big cheese fan. So I tried them without cheese, still no go. Our toddler won't eat them either. Oh well! We'll work it out...

He woke up in the middle of the night for our daughter and realized he was hungry again... he decided he really does need to do that heavy cream shake every night before bed. NO being hungry!

Aila, as for what it takes to stop the spammers -- moderation that would remove their accounts as well as all their posts might help. Doesn't seem to be happening though.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Another thing that he could try if plain ground beef is too boring for him, cook it up with taco seasonings or mix it in with a homemade italian tomato sauce. The bacon idea is awesome as well. Another thing some people do is that if they have a jar of coconut oil that is half empty is to put that in a pan of water on the stove, add some dark chocolate, unsweetened coconut flakes and if he likes macadamia nuts, put that in as well and make like a chocolate bark with it. Avocados are also another good fat that if he must have a salad, that is another way to add some.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The spammers are down right awful. Really getting tired of them.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Hi Jenny, hi Optimus!

Just chiming in to say that I think that prepared-ahead-of-time meals - especially high protein and high fat - go along way to combatting the "I forgot to eat" phenomenon. If it's in front of you (in a lunch bag, whatever), it's a lot harder to forget.
    Hi! Agreed about the prepared foods. Gotta work on that.

Hi jac! Yeah, it's a good idea. I did try the primal breakfast muffins with cheese on Optimus. No go, he isn't a big cheese fan. So I tried them without cheese, still no go. Our toddler won't eat them either. Oh well! We'll work it out...

He woke up in the middle of the night for our daughter and realized he was hungry again... he decided he really does need to do that heavy cream shake every night before bed. NO being hungry!
    Yeah, I didn't like the muffins, but there may be other things I can do. Woke up last night for our kid, hard time getting to sleep. Had milk and three eggs. That helped.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Another thing that he could try if plain ground beef is too boring for him, cook it up with taco seasonings or mix it in with a homemade italian tomato sauce. The bacon idea is awesome as well. Another thing some people do is that if they have a jar of coconut oil that is half empty is to put that in a pan of water on the stove, add some dark chocolate, unsweetened coconut flakes and if he likes macadamia nuts, put that in as well and make like a chocolate bark with it. Avocados are also another good fat that if he must have a salad, that is another way to add some.
    Most of that sounds good. I also like the chilli idea. I'll let you know how it goes once I try something new.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I volunteered to host the yearly pull-up challenge thread for 2012. I'll collect together some of the tips and videos from last year and kick it off with that when it's time.
    Thank you! I'm almost there (with a chin-up), I'll have to join the 2012 challenge to get the pull-up.

*sigh* Why can't I just split the difference and send him some of my pounds? We're like Jack Sprat and his wife.

And this might be interesting: Making a week’s worth of meals in advance I love the "meat cookies" idea, heheh.
    Thanks for the list, I'm always interested in new ways to make chili!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    This made me laugh - I've got legs like a line backer, and my husband has chicken legs - if I could just have his legs I'd be able to wear boots and stockings, and he'd look manly in his shorts. We covet each other's legs . . . how sad is that
    This made me laugh
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I keep getting big carb cravings. And caving in. And feeling IBS-type sick (which I've never noticed before, but it's an interesting correlation and some would say causation.)

Methinks I need to get strict and get low-carb readjusted. Got some ground chicken yesterday so I can try to make my stew even more meat-intensive than it was to start with... maybe that'll help.

I never have the energy or time or motivation to do exercise in the evenings, so my new plan is to give myself a little break at work -- close the door and do some bodyweight exercises. I have enough break time to pull that off legally. I could also go for walks, and I do that, but winter will make that less appealing.

Weight is still hovering around 195. That's better than the 240 I started at, sure, but I allowed myself to lose my original progress over the summer. I want to drop 30 while gaining some muscle and then reassess goals/approach.

I slept 10 hours last night and still didn't want to get up on time. Methinks I have some sleep deficit to contend with, but how can I possibly get more sleep? I have absolutely no spare time in the evenings. *sigh*

Hopefully the exercise and extra protein will help my energy levels. I still feel crappy.

We're working on potty training with our toddler. I think she's doing a great job so far! She usually stays dry (for hours, sometimes) and she managed to score one at school yesterday, woot!

Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast