Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 80

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Is the LR thread the Kruze (or whoever) thread? I think the whole thing is hilarious, actually. Fucking bunch of drama queens on these forums these days.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Jenny is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

RE: success stories, Mark, and the forums -- he wasn't necessarily watching Rivvin in the forums. Rivvin had already contacted Mark with the success story so I'm sure it was just a question of getting the latest news for the book. (That said, I'm sure some minions do indeed watch the forums.)

I don't even have time to properly follow the journals of all you supportive folks these days, so I'm mercifully oblivious to most of the recent arguing betwixt LR, IF, etc. I must say I've seen a lot of "my way is the only way, I don't care that the other thing worked for you" crossfire sniping from pretty much all the groups you mention there in the past.

It is entertaining to hear the field reports from you all though, thanks. :D

Aaaanywayyyy... Yeah, I don't care much about the scar, just want it to be physically stable! I can't even begin to express how stressful this has all been. I know it's just a relatively small wound in the grand scheme of things, but A) holes that shouldn't be there in people are basically my #1 squick point, so this has been extra nightmarish, 2) I just wanna feel healthy goddammit, III) I wanna swim waaaagh!

I seriously feel like I have some kinda medical PTSD after all this time. I don't trust my body at all anymore and I'm really avoidant in mood, sleep-seeking and working really hard to stay perky. Optimus says I've been great with the kids, but it could be better IMO. Hopefully refreshing my primal approach will help with the energy levels.

Been reviewing the 21-day book s'more. Looks like he eliminated one of the "essential movements". Now it's just pushups, pullups, squats, and planks. Good. I had lousy form on jackknife press anyway! XD

There's apparently some shift in his food pyramid graphic too (he says as much right below it), but I haven't bothered putting the books side-by-side to discern what it is.

I think Sisson is going to run out of material to hash out into future books... he's done a great job with his books so far and the concept is really not all THAT complicated, it's just a question of compliance really. "Just Do It" yadda.

So, we did a kitchen overhaul today to make sure we were all primally squared-away. For the non-primal stuff we kept, we have a sort of quarantine area for our supplies for visitors (we have a lot of weekend visitors so we can't entirely ditch cereal, etc. for them). But nothing in there is seriously tempting for us, so it doesn't really matter.

We also went through the fridge and tossed some expired stuff, and sort of reminded ourselves which condiments are really not primal so we can contemplate alternatives later.

Personally I don't worry too much about condiments and their paleo-ness since we don't have any clear-cut sensitivities that would react to such small quantities, but if we could work out others to use long-term, that would be good.

Speaking of primal laws, we should go get adequate sleep considering that Optimus is passed out on the floor here. (He's in a disaffected haze of disappointment after renting Transformers 3 again! It's barely watchable even when he uses fast-forward to just see the rock-em-sock-em robots.)
    Last edited by Jenny; 10-23-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    you're probably right patrick. i'm sure mark has much cooler things to do in sunny california than listen to people rant about leptin sensitivity and fat free sweet potatoes. I've stayed completely away from that thread so i had no clue about the cultishness. i probably don't need to worry about leptin sensitivity or whatever, just stick to it and git 'r dun (though i understand not everyone is in that position).

kitchen clean-out: i bet that feels great. i love getting all the crap out and reorganizing the cupboards.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. You and Jenny hit the nail on the head: it's really not that complicated. Like anything, though, there are infinite ways to make it more complex, and I suppose some people need to tweak. Hell, I guess I do but not consciously.

I don't follow many forum threads at all, either, but every now and again I jump in to see what crazy shit's happening. Every time I do I want to go back in time and slap myself for having wanted to do so. Lots of good little threads and help's still being given, but a lot of the advice I've been seeing has been from one extreme camp or the other. Meh. Asking for advice on the internet is like seeking political consensus: you'll never get agreement and everyone has an opinion.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Tweaking -- yeah, my take is that I need to really get the basics dialed in and be doing everything properly. THEN when I hit whatever plateau I'm eventually going to reach, I can decide if I want to tweak anything to optimize further... what's realistic within my free time, whether I have the mental energy to comply with anything more complex, balance that against how badly I really do or don't want to achieve X, etc.

I'm nowhere near that point yet so I have enough to focus on already!

I do still pop into other parts of the forum occasionally, but I try to stick with threads where I can throw in my two cents and then run away, never to return. XD Maybe it'll help somebody, maybe not, but I don't have the time or energy to come back and _argue_. Arguing on the intarwebz never works anyway.

This is why I go to Yahoo Answers to basically do charity work. There are so many desperate people there looking for advice on major, major life issues and getting TERRIBLE (or zero) advice from anybody. For example, mine was basically the only sensible answer on questions like:

• "I'm in Iraq and my wife says she's X weeks pregnant... check my math, is this kid mine?"
    • "My relatives say my wife cheated on me because our baby's eyes are blue"
    • "I'm pregnant and afraid to tell my parents"

And the original questioners reply to thank me, so I know it helped at least some of them.

But again, that's not a discussion thread; it's not set up in a way so people can really argue, so that's a relief.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

some of those yahoo question threads are insane. not just the questions, but the spelling as well!

Well, some of the questions (and answers) are just a massive trolling attempt. Gotta use some judgement on what you'll reply to. I generally use the "Would some other innocent person be reading this hoping for advice on a similar issue?" barometer.

regarding new material for Mark, i think his future is in cookbooks. i know there are 2 or 3 out there already, but there's definitely room for more.
    Primal Desserts
    Primal Slow Cooker recipes
    Primal Appetizers

i bet we could think of more.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    regarding new material for Mark, i think his future is in cookbooks. i know there are 2 or 3 out there already, but there's definitely room for more.
    Primal Desserts
    Primal Slow Cooker recipes
    Primal Appetizers

i bet we could think of more.
    Dr. Bork Bork needs to write a primal dessert book. Have you seen here latest primal junk food blog? That thing is serious crack.
    Georgette

i've perused a bit. for whatever reason, i just haven't been into eating or cooking lately. must be the sleep deprivation, but it could be a little of seasonal blues setting in. nah, for now i'm going to say sleep dep. anyway, i could use some crock pot dinner ideas; the crock pot allows me to take a nap with the baby and then wake up to dinner. not that i've actually been sleeping much; i'm around the 800 pg mark of A Storm of Swords, and the book is overdue at the library by 2 days. i can finish the other 300 pages in another day or so, right?

I would buy Primal Slow Cooker recipes, though probably not the other two.

Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast