Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 60

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ya gotta take some vid of these exercises and post to Primal Mind, Patrick. I like it that your sledge has a name. Mjolnir would be so... predictable.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mine's named Fenrir...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Wow, lots to catch up on...new words, shopping for bras (I hate skinny, teenage saleswomen who have no empathy!), cool art work, wound-healing issues...

Sounds like the new stuff, in combination with everything else, is doing something right despite the extra carbs.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I was bored so I snapped a few shots. Here's me and Gud's Knyttneve:

"Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

naiad, very classic name.

Thanks for visiting, Tawny!

And... niiice Patrick. I particularly appreciate the look of toothy enthusiasm in that first pic!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I like the 2nd.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I like the 2nd.
    I like the lighthouse pic in the background. That is badass - so is the dude with the hammer, but lighthouse, I mean come on.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

It is a pretty badass lighthouse as well, I'll give ya that!

This weekend we're babysitting a friend's five-year-old. She's a sweet and very manageable kid, but of course she's eating a SAD. Here's the meal plan:

Drinks nothing but fruit juice. (as in, no water.)
    Breakfast will be dry cereal and some fruit.
    Bananas.
    Mac and cheese for lunch. We're offering carrots and blueberries too.
    Chicken nuggets for dinner (with leftover mac and cheese). Hopefully she'll go for broccoli as well; reportedly she likes it sometimes if there's dip.

So by typical standards she's a pretty good eater, in the sense that she will eat some veggies and does eat fruit. But still, my primal mind is protesting the nuggests and mac/chz! We'll just keep offering primal food along with this. If Buglet ends up eating the same things it won't kill her -- and perhaps solidarity will encourage this older kid to eat some more carrots, or somesuch.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i'm debating hair cuts too. my hair is no where as long as yours, mine is just upper-mid back (and i'm fairly short anyway) but it always drives me nuts in the summer. (my profile pic, btw, isn't recent.)
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-12-2011 at 04:17 PM.

I trim my own hair... Mainly because if you go to a salon and say "cut two inches. Two. Not more than that. Seriously." they never listen and cut more, or add layers even if you said not to, etc. It's like they can't help hacking away if your hair is long.

I use the elastic-gather technique shown here. Feye's Hair Trimming Instructions

Key points:
    Make sure th elastic is tight enough since your ends are usually thinner.
    Pull straight down and as close to the spine as possible. Get help if you need it.
    When you pull the end with t,he elastic forward to cut it, be sure to hold the elastic so the hair doesn't slide out and get uneven.

Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast