Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 53

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Makes sense, Geo. Just a harsh reality! Ugh.

Sooooo. The wound care center was baffled as to why this keeps happening. Sounds like everything the doc(s) did so far was appropriate (except for missing the infection) and should have worked.

They cauterized it again... Which hurt even more than last time they did that since it's much bigger now than it was back then. Hohgod it's bad. It looks and feels like a string of three cigar burns.

And they gave me some silver alginate dressings to use -- hopefully that will make this time different and better.

Interestingly, the sales rep from the surgical dressings company basically camps out right there in the hospital's wound care center and orders the dressings for you, then overnights them to your house. That way the hospital doesn't run out of supplies, and meanwhile the sales rep's company is paid by my insurance.

So, according to them, there's no specific reason this has been happening, and therefore no way to know if it will happen again. So that kinda sucks. I'm not surprised by that verdict, though.

P.S. If it reopens again they might do surgery to cut the area out again. But... Who knows, it may never come to that.
    Last edited by Jenny; 06-01-2011 at 03:55 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sooooo. The wound care center was baffled as to why this keeps happening. Sounds like everything the doc(s) did so far was appropriate (except for missing the infection) and should have worked.

They cauterized it again... Which hurt even more than last time they did that since it's much bigger now than it was back then. Hohgod it's bad. It looks and feels like a string of three cigar burns.

And they gave me some silver alginate dressings to use -- hopefully that will make this time different and better.

Interestingly, the sales rep from the surgical dressings company basically camps out right there in the hospital's wound care center and orders the dressings for you, then overnights them to your house. That way the hospital doesn't run out of supplies, and meanwhile the sales rep's company is paid by my insurance.

So, according to them, there's no specific reason this has been happening, and therefore no way to know if it will happen again. So that kinda sucks. I'm not surprised By that verdict, though.
    I'm going to quote Stumpy and its very appropriate for this situation. "You can't win for losing." Meaning no matter what you do, it just ain't going to seemingly go your way. At this point, a visit to Mars may be the key to good health lol.
    Georgette

I'd like to think it's going better than it could be. I would bet money I would have more infection issues if I were eating higher carb, if nothing else.

I'd like to think it's going better than it could be. I would bet money I would have more infection issues if I were eating higher carb, if nothing else.
    That probably is true as well.
    Georgette

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Hey babe, I've never thought you needed to wear clothes. Awwyeaaaah.
    Heh. Do you MEAN that? I'm not sure by boss would agree....

JEN: 2 coworkers converting! Mwaahaahaa

Geostump: I am sorry for your situation. My uncle was in the same boat, and stayed with that horrible woman for a long time. Now she's out of the way, their daughters basically think she's a jerk, and that she's crazy. She actually friend requested me on Facebook. Uh... She IS crazy!

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Okay. Wakes and funerals for a twenty-three year old just is not right. I'm looking at my cousin's pictures, and my uncle (her grandfather) says, "It's amazing. You go from that [pics] to that [body]." I see all of the hope in these pictures, then she's gone.

We HAVE to LIVE! I will do what I must to stay as healthy as I can so that my kids and wife can have me as long as possible. I also want to make sure that I spend as much quality time as I can with my kids, because, in my family, at least four times now, the parent has outlived a child. I want no regrets or should-have-dones!

So, I am glad we found this lifestyle.

Totally agreed, hon. Especially as older parents we really need to do everything we can to take care of ourselves so our kids can have us around as allies for as long as possible.

In other news, I saw a dude rockin' out pull-ups on the edge of a bus stop shelter this morning. I wanted to roll down my window and cheer, but suspected he might take it as a come-on! (Or ask me for a ride, and well... no.)

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    Okay. Wakes and funerals for a twenty-three year old just is not right. I'm looking at my cousin's pictures, and my uncle (her grandfather) says, "It's amazing. You go from that [pics] to that [body]." I see all of the hope in these pictures, then she's gone.

We HAVE to LIVE! I will do what I must to stay as healthy as I can so that my kids and wife can have me as long as possible. I also want to make sure that I spend as much quality time as I can with my kids, because, in my family, at least four times now, the parent has outlived a child. I want no regrets or should-have-dones!

So, I am glad we found this lifestyle.
    I totally agree with that. The most difficult funeral I've ever been to was 7 yrs ago this July for a 5 year old girl. She was a special needs child who died from basically her stomach bursting. Her mom, myself and another friend were all due within a month of each other. For the two of us that didn't lose our children we had an incredible amount of guilt.

Geostump: I am sorry for your situation. My uncle was in the same boat, and stayed with that horrible woman for a long time. Now she's out of the way, their daughters basically think she's a jerk, and that she's crazy. She actually friend requested me on Facebook. Uh... She IS crazy!
    My mother stayed in a similar situation. Was actually planning on leaving my father then she found out she was pregnant with me. She actually thought about aborting me and decided not to. Was told that I was going to be special needs and apparently I wasn't. When my dad died, she totally swore off men and when she died 21 years later, she never dated another man. The ironic part, she still loved my dad. I'm the only one of her daughters who knew this.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    For the two of us that didn't lose our children we had an incredible amount of guilt.
    And yet some people are so oblivious -- I remember at the baby's funeral, someone brought their own baby and then went up to the (dead) baby's mom and said "Would you like to hold our baby?" and she had to find a diplomatic way to say "No!"

Honestly, what were they thinking? We left our same-age baby at home and several people thanked us...

I mean, I'm not saying all same-age children should be banned from funerals. But at a baby's funeral, baby noises and baby snuggles are not necessarily going to be welcome.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And yet some people are so oblivious -- I remember at the baby's funeral, someone brought their own baby and then went up to the (dead) baby's mom and said "Would you like to hold our baby?" and she had to find a diplomatic way to say "No!"

Honestly, what were they thinking? We left our same-age baby at home and several people thanked us...

I mean, I'm not saying all same-age children should be banned from funerals. But at a baby's funeral, baby noises and baby snuggles are not necessarily going to be welcome.
    In that situation, I believe ALL children should be left at home. The person who brought the baby was very insensitive and if they couldn't have foudn a sitter, shouldn't have even come to the funeral. That's just MHO.
    Georgette

Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast