Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 52

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    my husband has a hard time finding clothing too. he's a little taller (6'4") but rather skinny (150ish lbs) and wears a size 13W boot, so either something is long enough but very wide or fits width-wise but is too short. he ends up swimming in clothing often.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    Apparently, men my size don't need ...
    Hey babe, I've never thought you needed to wear clothes.

Awwyeaaaah.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hey babe, I've never thought you needed to wear clothes.

Awwyeaaaah.
    Now that's sweet.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Get a room, you two! I likes muh intarweebs to be family friendly!

...Adams Family friendly.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

I'm just glad someone is happy with their husband. Lately, I just haven't been feeling it.
    Georgette

I'm really sympathetic for you, Geo. You sound so dissatisfied so often, and downright unhappy at other times.

Oh and Patrick, Adams Family Friendly -- you might like some of my old artwork:

Running with Scissors:

Axe Boy:

Chainsaw Girl:

This is cool -- as I was leaving the office I ran into a coworker who hasn't seen me since back when I was pregnant. She was amazed at my weight loss and wanted all the details, so I gave her the link and a few basic tips (”the first few weeks are going to feel like crap because you're reducing carbs, but then you feel so much better because you aren't obliged to constantly eat to keep your blood sugar stable!")

Another coworker who I see every day was in on this conversation and because we were discussing it, she wanted the site info too.

I emphasized that whether you believe the "gluten is bad" theory or not, there are other negative effects that carby grains have on one's diet -- insulin and fat storage issues, plus displacing far more nutritious and filling foods you could be eating instead.

One said "that's true, you always have that delicious-smelling soup and fabulous salads! I could live like that!" and I gave Optimus credit for making sure I had good food.

I'm really sympathetic for you, Geo. You sound so dissatisfied so often, and downright unhappy at other times.

Oh and Patrick, Adams Family Friendly -- you might like some of my old artwork:

Running with Scissors:

Axe Boy:

Chainsaw Girl:
    Thanks Jenny. Unfortunately I think that comes with the territory of just feeling stuck and knowing there really isn't much you can do it about it. I vent here lol. Its either that or I would have gone to prison long ago. I kind of look at our marriage as a situation of "it's cheaper to keep her". At least I have the girls and dogs that make life easier for me. If I didn't have the girls, I probably would have left long ago.

Sorry to get all sappy there. Love the artwork! For some reason, I could insert my daughter, Tristan's pic in any of those scenarios and it just makes me laugh.
    Georgette

Yeah, Geo, I've picked up on how you seem to be willing to stay in a holding pattern at least while the kids are young. I just hope sooner or later you will be in a good position to prioritize for your own needs. Hopefully he will be a constructive part of that effort, though it hasn't sounded promising so far. Please, vent away!

For me when I decided to leave my ex-husband, we had no kids and so ultimately it was a "do I want to bring kids into this dynamic? ... No, it's not good for me and it wouldn't be good for them other" which fueled my decision to leave after we couldn't get to the bottom of the real issues in marriage counseling.

On another note...

I'm sitting in the wound care center now waiting for my appointment and lemme tell you, I am really hyper-eager to hear their analysis and treatment plan. I'll report in when I know more. It's nice to feel hopeful!

As I was telling Optimus on the phone, hopefully they'll have some idea other than all the things we've tried so far...
    Cauterizing
    More cauterizing
    Wait and see
    Surgery removing the whole damn area -- I was so sure that one would work.
    Antibiotics
    More antibiotics
    More wait and see

Yeah, Geo, I've picked up on how you seem to be willing to stay in a holding pattern at least while the kids are young. I just hope sooner or later you will be in a good position to prioritize for your own needs. Hopefully he will be a constructive part of that effort, though it hasn't sounded promising so far. Please, vent away!

For me when I decided to leave my ex-husband, we had no kids and so ultimately it was a "do I want to bring kids into this dynamic? ... No, it's not good for me and it wouldn't be good for them other" which fueled my decision to leave after we couldn't get to the bottom of the real issues in marriage counseling.

On another note...

I'm sitting in the wound care center now waiting for my appointment and lemme tell you, I am really hyper-eager to hear their analysis and treatment plan. I'll report in when I know more. It's nice to feel hopeful!

As I was telling Optimus on the phone, hopefully they'll have some idea other than all the things we've tried so far...
    Cauterizing
    More cauterizing
    Wait and see
    Surgery removing the whole damn area -- I was so sure that one would work.
    Antibiotics
    More antibiotics
    More wait and see
    With us, we never planned on kids and it just sort of happened. I sort of look at that as "kizmet" or faith in a sense. He has actually told me in the past that if I were to try to leave he would do his damndest to make sure I wouldn't get custody of the girls and I really don't want to throw them into the midst of a custody battle because I know that can do more damage to them then current situation would. Plus, it literally is "cheaper to keep her" in our situation. We joke about it but I think we realize that this is the truth. If I'm not mistaken, state of Ohio awards $1000/child/month in child support to the custodial parent. If I were to be the custodial parent, he would pretty much lose his entire income. I can't do that to him. I'm honestly not that mean of a person. I wish I were at times but it is what it is.

Good luck with the wound care center today! Sounds lik good things will be coming your way.
    Georgette

Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast