Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 49

a_phoenix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm w/ Saoirse on making your own formula. Also, making your own baby food by blending/mashing yummy low-seasoning primal things.

But really, I'm all for feeding your babe whatever strikes the right balance of "nutrition you can stand" and "easy enough to actually do regularly, without going nuts".
    First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
    (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that home brew formula looks good in theory but I have a few "but"s...
    1. No raw milk here, and the only organic is the sketchy ultrapasteurized kind.
    2. I don't feel like I could reliably pull off that complex recipe every morning even after getting it all sourced and getting used to it.
    3. I doubt that the day care would reheat at just the right temp to allow flow but avoid curdling, mix it the right amount to keep the oil in it, etc.

I'm considering their souped-up commercial version though, that would solve at least a few of those.

Either way it seems like the egg yolks are key along with liver and cod liver oil, and she's old enough to eat those straight up, so that's a good idea as a supplement / first food regardless.

Definitely plan to make my own baby food for her -- I had some success with that for Buglet and even more ideas this time around for Zany. Plus we eat so much better now, it'll be much easier to just turn our dinner into baby-able food!

In other news, i think maybe my belly is trying to inspire me to start a "Hole of the Day" blog. Or maybe this thread qualifies, jeez. New ones keep showing up or combining forces. This dotted line is rapidly just becoming a line again. Still not as bad as last time though.

Sorry for the continuing gross topic. It freaks me out but somehow writing about it helps me deal with it being there, like it normalizes it a bit and makes it easier to cope.

... Also, I keep walking down the block to my parents' house every other day so I can show my booboo to my Mommy. Oh yeah, I'm a badass.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    yeah it does look really intensive. haha, i wish i could walk down the block to see my mommy, i'd gladly show her my booboos.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    In other news, i think maybe my belly is trying to inspire me to start a "Hole of the Day" blog. Or maybe this thread qualifies, jeez. New ones keep showing up or combining forces. This dotted line is rapidly just becoming a line again. Still not as bad as last time though.

Sorry for the continuing gross topic. It freaks me out but somehow writing about it helps me deal with it being there, like it normalizes it a bit and makes it easier to cope.

... Also, I keep walking down the block to my parents' house every other day so I can show my booboo to my Mommy. Oh yeah, I'm a badass.
    That's ok. Us humans are kind of gross so it goes with the territory. At least you still have your mom you can go show your booboo to.
    Georgette

Heheh, thanks gals. I know I am lucky my mom is still with us... and that my mom is so close by... and that we get along so well now that I don't live in her house! Having my parents right there is a huge help when we're overwhelmed by our kids, just need a break, etc.

My brother is physically disabled (he has dwarfism) and co-owns our house. He has an apartment downstairs with his own kitchen and bath and entrance. So correspondingly, having our parents close by helps him if he needs a hand and we aren't around.

My brother is my best friend and so I'm always happy to help, though. This is part of why one of my parents' nicknames for me is "Slave Child #1".

At one point when we were dating, Optimus came over and helped them move a chair, and they declared him "Slave Child #2." I was actually miffed -- I spent my whole life earning my slave child moniker and he moves a CHAIR and gets it?! But really, it wasn't just the chair -- he did all sorts of stuff to help me including helping me move out of my old apartment mid-divorce. And wow, wasn't THAT a job...

I'm lucky Optimus is so helpful but particularly grateful that he "gets it" why my brother is living with us. Really, it's to our collective advantage; co-owning the house makes the mortgage half what it would be, we all still have our privacy, yet we have convenient in-home socialization opportunities.

i think it sounds like an awesome arrangement. i've thought about moving into an intentional community for some of the same reasons, but if you're happy to live around family that's even better!

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Regarding our living arrangement, we're all happy! Jen and her brother are my two best friends!

Regarding other recent posts, i sure wish we could enter one damn spring/summer with no medical problems or deaths!!!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    Regarding our living arrangement, we're all happy! Jen and her brother are my two best friends!

Regarding other recent posts, i sure wish we could enter one damn spring/summer with no medical problems or deaths!!!
    Aww, that's a heartfelt plea if ever I heard one. Sending hugs and warm thoughts, if that helps. I know the exhaustion of that cycle when things just keep happening. Kia kaha (Maori for stay strong).

Jenny, I think you're right about maybe not being able to get the day care to follow your instructions carefully. Souped up commercial sounds ideal. I wish I'd known to feed my kids this way when they were little. I did often make my own babyfood, but that was usually because the commercial stuff grossed me out. Mashed pumpkin and silverbeet, gravy, bananas were all good. I'll try to forget that I fed my children weetbix!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

what's silverbeet?

Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast