Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 48

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And we had a miscarriage a few years back, too.....Cranking out two kids since then helps.....As for your cousin....it's like a multigenerational tragedy at this point which is why I'm worried about his aunt and uncle coping...
    The miscarriage was very hard for us. It's really good that we had our two children since.

Okay: Here's the family situation.

When I was in sixth grade, my cousin drowned during a vacation after she graduated from college. Her parents were devastated. That cousin's brother had three kids (2 girls and a boy) whom my uncle and aunt were VERY involved with. The younger of the girls had a baby just a bit before we had our older one. That child died; my uncle found her. Today, my aunt found that child's mother....

I don't know how my uncle, my aunt, and my cousin will deal with this, let alone the brother and sister.

canio6 Guest
    Holy hells, I couldn't even imagine dealing with that.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I think the last one would throw me over the edge. You come from a tough lot Optimus.
    Georgette

a_phoenix is offline Senior Member
    So tragic. Wishing you and yours strength and love (and no more death for a very long while.)
    First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
    (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    my condolences to you both. i can't imagine suffering so many losses, or how your aunt and uncle will cope with this.

sorry to hear about the wound still not closing. geez, what would it take? good luck at the clinic.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the words of support, everyone. We really appreciate it!

On a far, far lighter note... and because Optimus said to go ahead and post it to lighten the mood... I give you this primal wisdom from Courage Wolf:

So, some primal stuff...

I've been somewhat relaxed about food for weeks now, under the theory that a calorie deficit might slow my healing. As a result I've regained a bit of weight and... still not healing. So much for that theory. And for all I know, my higher-carb eating might have actually contributed to the infection. There's nothing bacteria love more than blood sugar, after all.

(I guess it's a nice sign that all these blood tests including insulin and blood sugar etc. were all so stellar even while I was eating higher carb, though.)

So, at this point I do think I need to get back on track and be strict about carbs even if I'm not in a mega-calorie-deficit. And since I'm still leery of intense exercise, food is basically the only way I'm going to resume losing weight.

I think that's the only way I can make progress on the one health front that I CAN control right now, you know?

Speaking of healing, I'm bleeding a LOT less than yesterday so yay! The doc said it looks pretty clean, no infection at the moment -- but gave me some antibiotics to keep on hand just in case it took a turn for the ick. It is a long weekend here in the States after all.

I'll be going to the wound care center on Wednesday, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Hopefully it'll be knitting at least a bit before I even get there, but I also hope they will have some new amazing technique that will really seal this up for good.

In other other primal news, I've been giving a lot of thought to starting Zany on solid foods. Not weaning her of course, she'll still get as much milk as I can possibly make even though it's not enough, but... I keep thinking it might be good to get some nutrition into her from sources other than formula.

I know formula is not-too-horrible compared to most commercial baby foods, but there might be micronutrients that she can get more easily from a variety of solid foods than from the formula.

She's 5.5 months old, still not sitting up on her own yet, so this is probably a bit early to be thinking about it anyway. And I know that solid food at this age is really more about the practice and the exposure to varying tastes, rather than being so much about nutrition. (But it can't hurt if it IS nutritious!)

Dunno yet. Just pondering it.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Crikey. My condolences to you both and Optimus's family.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    hurray for less bleeding!
    have you considered making your own formula? of course it still won't be optimum like your milk, but it would be more comprehensive than table foods or and much higher quality than commercial formula.
    Recipes for Homemade Baby Formula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Less bleeding is good. Tweaking what you eat is also good. i'm of absolutely no help on the infant feeding thing, so, uhhhh... keep being a good mom?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Less bleeding is good. Tweaking what you eat is also good. i'm of absolutely no help on the infant feeding thing, so, uhhhh... keep being a good mom?
    Less bleeding is a good thing as is tweaking your food. When it came to feeding the girls as babes, I used formula. My breasts were not friendly in that regard and I just did everything that mom said I should.
    Georgette

Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast