Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 47

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The blood test results and my doctor's general support of the primal diet... it helps. Otherwise if I were buying into CW more mentally, I'd be vulnerable to idiots saying "It's not healing cuz you're eating wrong OMGZOMG"

I firmly believe this would be a hell of a lot worse if I were NOT eating primal-style. I mean, imagine how I used to eat. All pasta, very little meat... yeah, protein is kinda important to healing.
    If I can get the cards to talk tonight, I'll run a spread or 3.
    Food is very important to healing. There's a reason most injured folk CRAVE meat. Back when I broke my foot, I was craving meat, dairy, and spinach like mad. I've also noticed that I tend to crave foods that are less "inflammatory" (in quotes because I'm not sure how much stock I put in it) than usual when I'm sick or hurting. I don't want my cruciferous veggies or high sugar fruits, but I do want greens, more greens, broth, and MEAT. I thought I was just weird until I started reading up on it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Believe it or not, I had a buddy put duct tape over a wound and it healed even quicker. Something about the glue in the tape working together with his platelets and all that jazz. Not that I'd say try it, especially with such a critical wound and an unknown duct tape, but you might ask the doc if there's medical grade equivalent.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    DEATH

Today, my cousin (actually, my cousins daughter) died, autopsy will be done. My aunt found her in bed, cold.

Now the list:
    My mother, cancer 2005
    Since then,
    My grandmother
    The baby daughter of the one who died today
    My wife’s grandmother
    Peggy, close family friend who used to keep me at her house a lot
    Joe Beck, friend from college, elderly: Cancer
    A client I knew for about eight years: Cancer. I was with her the week she died.

My friend’s father, and her grandmother
    Another friend’s brother
    Another friend’s father

That’s eleven deaths in the last six years, ten of whom I knew directly, most of whom I was close to.

Prior to that:
    Both grandfathers, one grandmother, great grandparents, my wife’s other grandmother, our own miscarriage, and another friend.

No, I am no stranger to Death.

Living primal, will hopefully in increase chances of surviving. Hopefully, between living healthier, having nothing to do with drugs, and making fewer stupid mistakes, maybe my family and I can live longer and healthier lives.
    Last edited by Optimus Primal; 05-26-2011 at 11:17 AM.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    So sorry for your loss Optimus.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    So sorry for your loss Optimus.
    This. That sucks man.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Ouch. I'm sorry, Optimus. I really am. That blows asscrackers.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Jesus, Optimus. I'm sorry for your loss. Hope the family is doing alright in the face of this hardship.

Do you mind me asking how old your cousin's daughter was? I get the impression she wasn't very old at all.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    duct tape, but you might ask the doc if there's medical grade equivalent.
    The special hydrocolloid bandages reportedly work well for certain types of wounds and they're waterproof like duct tape. In my case I tried those during one of the earlier iterations and it just opened up worse beneath it, made a huge mess. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    Now the list:
    And we had a miscarriage a few years back, too. As long as we're counting. Although I do feel like my body knows what to do, it was also still sad (especially because we had been trying for years to get pregnant.) Cranking out two kids since then helps.

As for your cousin, yeah, I still can't believe it. I mean, I can, but... I keep thinking of the effect this will have on your family and it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Do you mind me asking how old your cousin's daughter was? I get the impression she wasn't very old at all.
    There are a bunch of different cousins and daughters here... it's like a multigenerational tragedy at this point which is why I'm worried about his aunt and uncle coping...
    Optimus's cousin died in her early 20s, years ago. Drowned.
    Then Optimus's cousin's daughter (early 20s) had a baby a few years ago (same age as Buglet) who died of SIDS at 3 months.
    And now the cousin's daughter (the mom of the baby who had SIDS) is the one who just died.

All of them lived with Optimus's aunt and uncle, so it's practically a trend of discovering dead girls at this point...

Back later to read more, doc just called, they're gonna do a culture to make sure I'm not still infected.
    Last edited by Jenny; 05-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Yikes. Keep safe, y'all. Y'all ALL are in my thoughts.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yikes. Keep safe, y'all. Y'all ALL are in my thoughts.
    Most definitely.
    Georgette

Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast