Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 46

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Whoops -- sorry, I went out to get steri-strips. I wanna keep this thing as stable as possible since I'm going on a long car trip tomorrow (long time sitting up.) I'm thrilled that it's knitting but also feeling damn paranoid it's going to loosen up.

I'm not up for Skyping tonight, watching a video with Optimus, trying to relax.

If you wanna just go for it meanwhile, feel free. I'd appreciate it!
    Last edited by Jenny; 05-19-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    No worries. I'll give it a shot.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    man, it sucks that your wound thing is seemingly taking forever to heal. i'd be rather perturbed at the doctor as well.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    BLOOD AND STUPIDITY

You know when you cook a big steak, and after you cut it up, there’s blood all over the platter. I just LOVE drinking that part right out of the platter!!!

So I was sitting at a traffic light and saw a couple of teenagers on one corner. One was standing on the street side of the curb. He began to kind of walk out into the road before he had the right of way, and he ended up standing right in front of a car that was trying to turn right, AND had the right of way. The idiot just stood there, talking to his friend, who WAS on the sidewalk and did not appear to be telling him he’s being both stupid and rude.

The car waited a minute, then went AROUND this kid as the kid casually walked back to the curb. The kid then remained in the street right next to the curb. This is a busy intersection, and I have seen accidents there.

WOW! Please. God, help me raise my children to have common sense and courtesy, or at least some real survival skills, such as, don’t walk pout in front of moving cars!

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Jenny;454135]Exactly! I always read everything Patrick writes in the voice of Randy "Machoman" Savage. RAWRR!

By the way, Mr. Savage died on May 20, 2011 in a single vehicle automobile accident in the Tampa Bay area. Heart attack was suspected.

He did have a wonderful voice.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Optimus, that's what happens when parents try to shield their kids from everything when they're really young and/or don't let them discover negative (and positive) consequences at a young age. Bastards like the one you described should simply be run over. At least his buddy on the curb might benefit from such a visceral, first-hand lesson. And hey... it removes the offending jackass from the gene pool! Win-win.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

I know pedestrians technically always have the right of way, but wow, that's limitless stupidity right there. Any pedestrian or bicyclist whose big plan for survival is "trust random strangers in cars to give a fuck AND be paying attention" is basically planning to die.

Hmm. Perhaps Savage didn't die, he was just the only person taken by the Rapture.

In other news, my frakkin' incision has been reopening with various horribleness again. AAAGHHHH. It's not as bad as last time, but still not right. The doc is faxing a referral to the local wound care center right now and they'll make me an appointment. Hopefully they will have some amazing new plan of attack.

On the upside, all the blood testing they did came out in either the Normal or Awesome ranges. Insulin, hormones, etc. They'll retest the androgens after I'm done breastfeeding and they get back to what will currently pass as typical.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Sheesh, Jenny. Have you tried duct tape yet? I hope you can get your incision sorted out, soon and with finality. It's starting to get ridiculous!

But grats on the blood test results!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

The blood test results and my doctor's general support of the primal diet... it helps. Otherwise if I were buying into CW more mentally, I'd be vulnerable to idiots saying "It's not healing cuz you're eating wrong OMGZOMG"

I firmly believe this would be a hell of a lot worse if I were NOT eating primal-style. I mean, imagine how I used to eat. All pasta, very little meat... yeah, protein is kinda important to healing.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you definitely need duct tape to fix this lol! Stumpy uses it as a bandaid when he cuts himself on the job. Hopefully the wound care center will get you fixed up. Kicking arse on the blood work!!!!
    Georgette

Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast