Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1003

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 40

  1. #391
    Jenny's Avatar
    Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,527
    Seconded. My "pretend it's fine" plan is already not working, since I know damn well that pus means it's infected. I'm practically frothing with frustration here.

    Nothing I can do till I call them in the morning when they open again, though.

    They gave me a couple days of antibiotics When i had the surgery but apparently that didn't prevent this.

    Rrgh. I'm gonna go rant at my microbiologist friend who used to work in a vet clinic. I know she's no doctor but she agrees that it's ridiculous that I'm having any trouble at this stage. Wait till I tell her this.
    Last edited by Jenny; 05-11-2011 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #392
    Patrick's Avatar
    Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,127
    Can't go into the ER?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

    I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

  3. #393
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Can't go into the ER?
    I'd almost be willing to go that route at this point. You've been through way more than enough with that incision.
    Georgette

  4. #394
    Jenny's Avatar
    Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,527
    I called their emergency line and they're paging one of the (other) docs. I should get a call back in a few minutes.

    I've been to the ER about this a few .. Phone now
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

  5. #395
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I called their emergency line and they're paging one of the (other) docs. I should get a call back in a few minutes.

    I've been to the ER about this a few .. Phone now
    Keep us posted.
    Georgette

  6. #396
    Jenny's Avatar
    Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,527
    To continue that thought -- I've been to the ER about this a few times already when it was bleeding before. All they ever do is hit it with antiseptic, tape on a wad of gauze, and say "go back to the doctor tomorrow".

    So, she just called back. She doesn't think there's much point in going to the ER unless I'm feverish or it's gushing. Said to call in the morning to see that same doc again since he can visually compare it with how it looked today.

    She forewarned me that if it is infected they may need to open it up again and just LEAVE it open to drain and heal from the inside.

    So I said, well, if there's significant pus then it's obviously infected right? And of course she said "I haven't seen it but typically, yeah."

    So. Yeah. I'm feeling soooo optimistic and upbeat right now.

  7. #397
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    To continue that thought -- I've been to the ER about this a few times already when it was bleeding before. All they ever do is hit it with antiseptic, tape on a wad of gauze, and say "go back to the doctor tomorrow".

    So, she just called back. She doesn't think there's much point in going to the ER unless I'm feverish or it's gushing. Said to call in the morning to see that same doc again since he can visually compare it with how it looked today.

    She forewarned me that if it is infected they may need to open it up again and just LEAVE it open to drain and heal from the inside.

    So I said, well, if there's significant pus then it's obviously infected right? And of course she said "I haven't seen it but typically, yeah."

    So. Yeah. I'm feeling soooo optimistic and upbeat right now.
    OMG! Not fun. I remember a friend of mine going through this when she had a tummy tuck after gastric bypass. She had 12 lbs of skin removed and she had incision issues like you've had.
    Georgette

  8. #398
    Patrick's Avatar
    Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    To continue that thought -- I've been to the ER about this a few times already when it was bleeding before. All they ever do is hit it with antiseptic, tape on a wad of gauze, and say "go back to the doctor tomorrow".

    So, she just called back. She doesn't think there's much point in going to the ER unless I'm feverish or it's gushing. Said to call in the morning to see that same doc again since he can visually compare it with how it looked today.
    So... what the fuck's the point of you guys in the States having an ER if you can't fucking use it, or them doing fuck-all when you do use it? That's ridiculous. Anyway, I hope you get it all sorted out soon and conclusively!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

    I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

  9. #399
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So... what the fuck's the point of you guys in the States having an ER if you can't fucking use it, or them doing fuck-all when you do use it? That's ridiculous. Anyway, I hope you get it all sorted out soon and conclusively!
    If you ask an insurance carrier, ER's are meant for life & death situations. Open incisions and oozing puss is not considered life & death and therefore can wait until your doc's office opens in the morning. Yes, I work for a medical supply company. So I know the laws
    Georgette

  10. #400
    Jenny's Avatar
    Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,527
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, basically the ER does patch-job triage. They stop your bleeding without actually stitching anything if they can avoid it, confirm you probably won't die in the next 24 hours, and then pass the case back to your regular doctor.

    Even with an infection they wouldn't likely give antibiotics unless I had systemic issues (fever).

    So what do your ERs do? Actual doctoring?

Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •