Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 38

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Happy Mother's Day
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Aww, thank you everybody! I'm not sure which of you have kids (Georgette, Saoirse, I know you do at least) so to all of you and/or your moms, happy Mother's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    What does an average day look like?
    Optimus said he'd reply later when he gets a chance. (He's been covering for me with the kids a LOT.)

My bet is that he's losing weight because he's spent the last month driving around to clients instead of at home as usual, so he's having trouble getting as many calories as he used to. He gets a ton of meat so I told him he should wrap up every night with a HWC/chocolate shake. That'd add what, 900 calories to his day... Really what he needs is a good portable lunch.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    What does an average day look like?
    Usually i have at least a large steak or a few small chicken wings or legs, a large salad or pile of carrots and other veggies, and berries and yogurt. I need more fat, I suspect, and am generally not eating enough, I guess, since I was earlier complaining about always being hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    My bet is that he's losing weight because he's spent the last month driving around to clients instead of at home as usual, so he's having trouble getting as many calories... Really what he needs is a good portable lunch.
    That's true, although two or three times I stopped and had a LOT from a $13.00 sushi buffet.

I think I need to start preparing lunches ahead of time for myself and i need to start logging food again for a bit just to see what I am doing day to day.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    Usually i have at least a large steak or a few small chicken wings or legs, a large salad or pile of carrots and other veggies, and berries and yogurt. I need more fat, I suspect, and am generally not eating enough, I guess, since I was earlier complaining about always being hungry.
    Surely you don't mean that a steak, a salad, some berries and yoghurt is all you would eat for a whole day?

THAT I will go ahead and answer -- he does. Admittedly the steak is huge, the salad is huge (with oil), and it's probably about six cups of berries/fage together, but... yeah. Not what I would call a lot of food. (but then again perhaps that's why I used to weigh 120 pounds more than him!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    THAT I will go ahead and answer -- he does. Admittedly the steak is huge, the salad is huge (with oil), and it's probably about six cups of berries/fage together, but... yeah. Not what I would call a lot of food. (but then again perhaps that's why I used to weigh 120 pounds more than him!)
    Wow. Ok, that definitively answers why he's still losing weight and not gaining muscle. I might have steak with salad followed by some berries and cream for dinner. After a lunch of six eggs with bacon, two sweet potatoes with cheese, and a couple of protein shakes throughout the afternoon.

I've spent years convincing this man that eating and sleeping are not a waste of his free time. He certainly does seem to enjoy food a lot more than he once did, which is probably what's saving him from starving to death now that he's cut out sugar.

I always used to joke he was like a hummingbird, constantly sipping red sugary drinks and vibrating slightly. He was zipping toward probable diabetes IMO, runs in his family.

So, primal food is definitely good for him, just gotta down more of it!

Mmmeeeaaattt.

Toddler munchies on robot plate.

As you can see, our little carnivore is plowing through the main dish of chicken here. She did get around to the carrots and a few strawberries eventually. Such a refreshing change of pace from the stereotypical CW toddler who refuses to eat anything but bread and pasta and cheerios!
    Last edited by Jenny; 05-09-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Fixing toddler food pic

I can't quite see what the device is in the top photo, but - are you trying to scan that meat? Or fax it to someone? Because I don't think that would work.

PrimalCon New York
    Heheh -- it's a vacuum packer. These are destined for our deep freeze. Not that they stay there for long!

Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast