Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 21

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, "just happening" and dude downs what must be about 150 grams of yogurt and berries every day.

I just upped our life insurance policy, so I say you should team up with iniQuity and do a combo lunch money theft / beatdown. But watch it, he's hella scrappy! He's got that whole wiry thing going on.

(Wonder what Optimus will say when he gets back to this thread, heh heh...)

Seriously though, it's really amazing what a difference just these last few weeks of exercise has made. He has detectable biceps and such now. It's awesome. :D I suspect he'll always be on the bishounen side though.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Send him to a martial art school and have him train for five years. At the end of that time, I shall come for him and we will have a duel. The prize will be whatever mysterious device he's using to burn up his fat like that.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Hi all!

I am so glad that you're back to swimming, Jenny! Thanks, everyone, for the support and tips that you have sent our way (and threats??)

I have been gaining some muscle, but losing weight and fat, as Jen said. I think I DO need to increase veggie intake. i got a bit lazy there. We're also stalling just a bit on the yogurt.

I need to set up some kind of tracking form, because I have not worked out as often as planned, and did not even realize it. We DID go dancing a few days ago at a wedding, so that was good. But considering recent comments by my wife and Primal Fist, I'd better start training harder....or stop altogether and gain the fat back!

Last edited by Optimus Primal; 03-15-2011 at 06:55 AM.

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I told him what you all were saying, and he said, "The worst part of it is, I don't even have a fat loss goal. I'm not trying to lose fat, it's just happening!"

I said I was gonna rat him out to the forum for making this look easy.
    ok, that would make me sneak up and slap him upside the head if I was you!!

use those strong legs and kick him in the butt??

Ok, no, you love him.

So, I reckon its the martial arts challenge if he keeps on with it. He could at least pretend to struggle!!!!!

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    Hi all!

I am so glad that you're back to swimming, Jenny! Thanks, everyone, for the support and tips that you have sent our way (and threats??)

I have been gaining some muscle, but losing weight and fat, as Jen said. I think I DO need to increase veggie intake. i got a bit lazy there. We're also stalling just a bit on the yogurt.

I need to set up some kind of tracking form, because I have not worked out as often as planned, and did not even realize it. We DID go dancing a few days ago at a wedding, so that was good. But considering recent comments by my wife and Primal Fist, I'd better start training harder....or stop altogether and gain the fat back!

see above.

learn to duck, develop preternatural "risk detection" powers - or maybe fib a bit just to make us (ok, me) feel a bit better that we are not losing fat at all, let alone without even trying.

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenny, Hi Optimus!

Way to go, both of you! I just read a bit from the "notes" version of Taubes, where he says that, if I'm reading it correctly, endo- and ecto-morphs don't change into each other...so perhaps you two are a great example of how to be the healthiest versions of your own natural selves... At least, that's how I'm thinking about it for myself. I was once small, strong and lean, but clearly tend toward endomorphy metabolically, especially when given the wrong fuels...

Love that you got to go dancing at the wedding - that absolutely counts, as exercise and as fun!!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

You know, honey, admitting you haven't worked out as often as you planned isn't reducing the threat level here. ;)

Clearly we should spin this to claim you have a tragic, tragic genetic disorder that causes you extreme digestive inefficiency, causing you to waste away while your family stands around worrying!

And yeah Aila, we sort of have a Jack Sprat and His Wife thing going on. Except we both will eat fat!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Hey all, just a quickie primal/fitness status update --

Weight and Fitness
    My weight's been hovering around 180, though I'm not ready to make the "ZOMG I LOST 60 LBS.!!" declaration yet... mainly because I just finished eating a birthday cake this morning. Heheh. My weight has been wavering in this neighborhood for at least a week now. I'm still a little sick, sore throat, so haven't been exercising. Between that and the cake, I figure it would be premature to call it 60.

Soon, though! :D

Long term I'm still shooting for a weight somewhere in the 165 to 150 range. Last time I was in good shape, I was around 160 so I ought to be able to do that again. I can't imagine ever being what passes for "skinny" and mercifully I won't be trying to push myself that way. My goal is to feel badass-strong again and that seems very achievable.

Pullup Challenge
    I put the third woody band onto our pullup bar and that's enough assistance that I can do a chin-up, just barely. That also will help me do controlled negatives. So I feel like I can really start training in earnest now! ... once I'm done being sick, coughing doesn't really help with chinups (*cough THUD*) or my swimming (*gurgle DROWN*)

Milk Mutterings
    Milk supply is back up thanks to domperidone, though nursing/pumping is aggravating today because my darling sprog bit me pretty hard this morning. Whine, whine!

But in nice news, I do feel confident enough about my now-increased milk supply that I donated my freezer stash of milk (about 2 gallons!) to a cute little one-month-old boy. His mom's been having tons of trouble. She seems well-informed, but... low pump response, cracked nipple with bleeding, and more than one case of mastitis in just one month, wow. Methinks she is not long for breastfeeding.

Her tale-o-woe reminds me that actually, I have it pretty good with a mere nip-nip to cope with today.

Primal Potluck
    Still hoping to do this in April -- lots of takers, apparently. Really excited about it! Optimus, let's nail down a Saturday in April that would be good for us? Not the last weekend, I'm busy in SL then. Thread is here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread16533.html
    Last edited by Jenny; 03-20-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenny!

Weight and Fitness: You have lost weight, and it shows. You’re looking healthier, and you seem a lot happier when you’re swimming, so I’m glad to see you get back to it.

Pullup Challenge: I’m glad you’re doing this! MY goal is to be strong enough to carry both kids while running for miles and climbing up tall buildings to avoid the zombie hoards! I'll expect you to keep up, but am willing to drag you if needed.

Milk Mutterings:
    Yay milk!

Primal Potluck:
    I’ll get back to you about the date. Several things going on, but we can do this, I am sure. I think it could be fun. Most of our friends’ gatherings include lots of non-primal stuff.
    Last edited by Optimus Primal; 03-22-2011 at 10:56 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primal View Post
    MY goal is to be strong enough to carry both kids while running for miles and climbing up tall buildings to avoid the zombie hoards!
    OP -- ZombieFit

Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast