Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 13

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    PRIMAL LEAP POST 12

Week 1-B:
    Exercise Action Item 1: Introduce Law 3: Move Frequently at a Slow Pace:

There may not be time for extended workouts (more than 45 minutes, etc).
    Moderate duration aerobic workout 1: Nice walk outside with my wife, 40 minutes.

Exercise Action Item 2: Introduce Law 4: Lift Heavy Things:
    Abbreviated Strength Workout:
    Duration: 15 minutes
    Knee Pushups (Level 2): 40/50
    Chair-Assisted, 2-leg Pullups (Level 1): 20/20
    Wall Squats (Level 1) 50/50
    Elevated Jack Knife Press (Level 1): 22/25
    Hand/Knee Planks: 90/90 sec; 30/45 sec; 35/45 sec
    Bench dips: 20

Lifestyle Laws:
    Sleep: Lately, more nights than not, the baby wakes up three times a night to feed, and then goes back to sleep. That means we sleep more. We’re going to bed between 9:00 and 10:00, which is too early for me. There’s so little time to ourselves after work and kids. I tend to get up around 6:30 or 7:00. It will be interesting to see how it is once we’re sleeping all night. have improved, when I could, by going back to bed as soon as our baby settled down (in the middle of the night). I am also allowing myself to sleep in a bit more, resulting in completing less work, but...As our baby sleeps more, we will go to bed at about 10:00 and get up at about 6:00.
    Play: Still nothing formal, mostly playing with my daughter daily. We also socialize, but it’s not physically active (Superbowl party this weekend, etc.).
    Sunlight: I’ve spent more time outside lately, and will do so more and more when it warms up.
    Avoid Stupid Mistakes: FAIL. Months ago I booked a hotel, but failed to look carefully at the confirmation. Therefore, I did not catch a mistake that the hotel people made. Basically, someone clicked the wrong location and we got reservations in the wrong state. We decided, in the end, after discovering that the hotel we needed for our upcoming trip was now full, to scrap the March Boston trip and replace it with a better (but more expensive) trip to Seattle in August. I like it better this way anyway, but I’ll be more careful next time. Otherwise, I think I’ve been more aware lately than I was last month.
    Use Your Brain: I am watching less TV, reading more. I am reading the online book, Anachronauts, slowly. Also, I am getting more into cooking. I have begun preparing veggies and meats for soup, which my wife cooks. We tend to set up ingredients and freeze them so that we have enough to fix it several times. Also, I find tracking exercises to be fun and stimulating for now.
    Last edited by Optimus Primal; 02-08-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Good news and bad news...

Good news: Hey, whaddya know, my husband has biceps! I can see them even when his arms are relaxed now. Somehow this surprises me considering he's done like... what... three workouts? I like 'em!

Bad news: Incision started bleeding _again_. I thought the other day it was getting better, then changed the dressing after today's shower and changed my mind about it getting better. Then all day it was bugging me so I went upstairs and checked and whaddya know, damn thing is bleeding again. Aaargh.

It makes me simultaneously pissed and totally morose. I don't want to be this disabled ever again. I can't wait to get on a path of progress again for recovery from this c-section!

Somehow it makes me even more upset that my newly split seam wasn't _caused_ by any specific event. If it had been a direct consequence of something... then at least I'd know why it happened and I could prevent it from getting worse / more from appearing. But this random spontaneous bleeding has me very unnerved. How do I know another spot won't just randomly unzip later?

Anyway. I put another one of the cauterizing gel pads the E.R. suggested on it. I swear... My doc appt. on Monday can't come fast enough. :(

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    bummer about the bleeding. that must feel really frustrating!

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that Jenny. That must be frustrating (and a bit scary). Hope doc has a plan...and you re-zip soon.

and yay to Optimus biceps :-)

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Yar! That must be so frustrating. You will soon heal, I know it. Until then you can hang out in these:

Last edited by me2; 02-06-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol, those look super comfy!!

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    SUPER comfy

or these

There was a spate of pubs handing these out to patrons to wear last winter, if you can believe it!

Pajama jeans? Snuggies?! ... well, if I'm gonna bleed all over yet more stuff and ruin it, it might as well be those...

Or did you mean I should have those two chicks? I like the fluffy hair on the left gal. She can sit on the couch with me! The other two, eh. Not my type. :D

I seriously can't wait to get to the doc tomorrow. _Surely_ they'll agree to stitch this up or... something more constructive than "tape this gauze on".
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    PRIMAL LEAP POST 13

Week 1-B

Exercise Action Item 1: Introduce Law 3: Move Frequently at a Slow Pace:

We were not able to take more walks between work and baby care. While I DO move frequently at a slow pace around the house all of the time, preparing for a party, cleaning, etc., I did not do it in any measured way.

Exercise Action Item 2: Introduce Law 4: Lift Heavy Things:

My father-in-law and I took down a mounted microwave and installed a new one. Lifting and holding up a microwave overhead while bending over a stove? I think that counts.

Diet:
    Superbowl party. Had some chips and dip, but no soda. Just water. Chips tasted good, but were not satisfying and I stayed hungry until I ate a bunch of carrot. I think I need to stay with primal foods FIRST and usually ONLY.

Some Non-primal commercials:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2DqNE8uG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCdnFMp6s84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu38CP5OfLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINmw0smNQ8
    Well, this one can be primal. I just thought is was funny.
    Last edited by Optimus Primal; 02-09-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, that Shape-ups commercial... it was such an "AUGH" moment!

The Doritos commercial was awesome, however.

Nice birdhouses!

And the door gym... yeah, it looks effective but the whole RAWR MMA overexcited vibe to the commercial does make me giggle. :D

Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast