Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal page 10

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    ooo honey! though, man, what a sticky, goopy mess. good luck with that Jenny.

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Saoirse: That salad is really good! Jen tends to skip the tomato and pepper, but likes more sprouts and radishes.

Jen: We can certainly work on the exercises together when you're cleared. I like that our kid is at least partly primal (she likes steak, dislikes cake and ice cream).

FAST FOOD? NOT SO FAST!

Today I really wanted a McDonalds burger and Classic Single meal from Wendy’s. I decided that one more of each would probably be fine. Some time ago I had my final Slurpee. I have not wanted one since.

When I got to the shopping center, BOTH of the fast food places had lines wrapping around them. No fast food is worth THAT wait! Frustrated, I went home and had a bowl full of fresh strawberries with plain yogurt and a tiny bit of Stevia. I also fixed a rather large steak, although I overcooked it. Grrr...

Happy now...Do I still want those fast food meals. No. Maybe once more would be fine, or once rarely... But if these cravings were to continue, I should remember to have a REAL lunch first! It may be enough. ….

…..
    uh....

...I don’t think I’ll need fast food anymore....
    Last edited by Optimus Primal; 01-28-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    You sure have been tempted by fast/junk foods the last few days (not that you've caved in...) Wonder why? Comfort eating maybe? Life has been pretty stressful. Or maybe it's because you've had huge snow-shoveling workouts and crave energy?

I'm glad you're happy now. :D And yes, it's a good rule of thumb -- eat something primal first, a whole meal worth, and then reevaluate if you want whatever-it-is.

I don't like store-bought orange juice anymore

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could find a good burger somewhere else & order it wrapped in lettuce. That's what I do when the hunger for corporate meat strikes. This might help too:
    http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Nice illustration, me2! Thanks for the link.

Good news today -- our toddler just ate three shrimp (like the ones I took the picture of above.) Considering all we could get her to eat a couple months ago was (grass fed nitrate free) hot dogs, the addition of shrimp and steak recently is great!

Me2: Thanks for the pics. NOT very yummy looking.

Jen: I think the cravings are coming from:
    1) My father's birthday and remembering my mother's and other peoples old treats.
    2) Just the process of evaluating myself as I realize I am more committed to this than I thought.

Optimus (and everyone!) I've been listening to a great podcast from the authors of http://everydaypaleo.com and http://growinguppaleo.com -- lots of paleo-friendly info about raising kids paleo, getting them to eat veggies, etc. (and that's just in the first few minutes.)

Check out those sites sometime? There's recipes especially on everydaypaleo too.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love how you call him Optimus on here

Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast