Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Careers/Business page

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Well I'm pretty down in the dumps. I haven't been able to find any work in the year since I came back to Canada from Japan. My interest in and enthusiasm for leading a Primal lifestyle is all that keeps me going some days. I turned 30 this summer and I realized I can't afford to waste any more time slogging away at a job I hate (jobs I hate being the only thing open to me now, and I can't even get an interview).

There must be some way to get out of this funk and make a living doing something that I love. Running a primal training center? A primal restaurant?

Ever since I started following the PB over a year and a half ago, I've been more and more comfortable in nature. Bugs and dirt don't bother me much anymore. I have thought seriously about learning how to raise free-ranging chickens and pigs and cows and manage a farm, but I can't afford classes and all the organic farms around here are family operated and too small to be able to afford to hire help.

If there are any Primals in Saskatchewan (long shot) especially, we should get together and make something happen.

Oh well. It helps a little just to vent my frustrations.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Geoff is offline Member

Thanks. I'm in nearly the same boat as you. Looking to return to work and frustrated in my search. You're right on about doing what you love, though I guess sometimes you've got to do what you can to make ends meet.

How about getting into a job that lets you spend time outdoors in a somewhat Primal occupation. Perhaps you know someone who needs some land cleared and you could clear it and start a firewood delivery service - about as Primal as can be. Maybe you could prepare and deliver Primal meals by bike to workers in town - there was a guy in Austin who did that. Yes, I know both of those ideas would be rough in the cold Canadian winter, but if you put your mind to it inspiration will come. Until then keep a smile on your face and your eyes open for opportunity. Good things will happen.

Geoff is offline Member

This just came to me after I posted - How about a blade sharpening service?

nina_70 Guest

You could try a weekly (paid) meetup group and offer Primal circuits/training (outdoor training is cool & interesting) together w/ nutrition classes. I've used meetup.com for photography & other small businesses, but basically any meeting service (or even an ad in your local paper) would work.

maba is offline Senior Member

Or how about an online Primal grocery portal? A website that links to various resources that sell Primal products. You could contact the farms, manufacturers directly and sell them on your site. I don't know of the logistics involved, but the start-up cost would be less compared to, say, raising free-range chickens.

Whatever you decide to do, all the best to you and I hope you find a job that you love, really soon.

Katt is offline Senior Member

A Primal magazine. There are all sorts of magazines that talk about this and that health/diet/fitness, but none of those even come close.

Though I suppose that beginning any sort of mag/newspaper/flyer would be expensive to start up. Hmm....

Something outdoor oriented would also be a good idea.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

PCh, have you thought about going back to school?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Pd: getting one of these could also help: http://meatcards.com/

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Meatcards, that's hilarious!

I like the ideas, particularly the Primal grocery portal. It could be expanded to include exercise gear like pullup bars and kettlebells.

If I could afford to go back to school I would study a trade. Right now I am looking into one university teaching job and another with the catholic school board, and if I get hired, most of my personal education will be paid for.

Mark should open a Primal bootcamp retreat in California and hire some of us as coaches

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Katt is offline Senior Member

California? What? That's way too far away!

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast