Page 96 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196596 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 96

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    me too, why can't I get addicted to something like EM's (which I need to get off my butt and do right now!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OK confession time...One week ago I started a secret whole30. I gave up everything that I listed on the previous page. I didn't want to tell anyone what I was doing because everyone was advising a moderate approach. That makes sense for most people I guess, but I have been Primal for over 15months and I was ready to go full on Paleo. I was also afraid that I would fail.

Observations so far. I've dropped 7 lbs. (Yes it is weight that I had already lost a few times.)
    I did not die from lack of artificial sweetener. I've found a few teas that have a natural sweetness due to spices.
    My bad leg is not blown up to twice the size of the other anymore. In the morning it looks almost normal (dumping nitrates?).
    Emotions stable. Urge to binge lessened. Better sleep.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

YaHoo!!! So happy that you were able to do it. I think you are obviously one of those people who need to just do it! A little here and little there wasn't working. I feel sad that you thought we were urging moderation to the exclusion of you just going for it. I must try to be more supportive and less opinionated! Also sad that your fear of failure (which as we all know is just a lesson to learn) kept you from feeling comfortable seeking support from your support group. Absolutely ecstatic that it is working out for you and that in the end you found out you have the strength to carry on! Congrats.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    It wasn't about you guys at all. I just felt as if every week I was trying something new. I didn't want to be the girl who cried "New Plan".

The nice thing is that with SPEED and eating paleo, there really aren't any more changes I need to make. I can just sit back, follow the eating plan and let my body heal - while working to improve sleep, psych and environment. I feel peaceful for once, not frantically wanting to grasp at the next thing.

PS I changed my sig weight and it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Besides, I'm only 7.5 lbs from my lowest Primal weight.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-18-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Good, I don't want to think I was slipping in my support role!

When I first started Primal I felt very much like that. After an initial loss I started to gain, sort of inexplicably. I would try something new every few days (more fat, less fat, more protein, less protein, add coconut oil, etc.). When I discovered SPEED it put the whole thing in perspective for me. Gave me the science to back up what I was doing and allowed me to relax and follow the plan. I may go Paleo eventually, probably not but you never know, and I admire you for being able to do it.

p.s. congrats on the sig weight update. I took mine off of my sig because I didn't want to have to change it when the weight went up, for me it was better to leave it off.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm so very glad things seem to be working well, Paula. I think, at some point when a person is ready, everyone should do at least one Whole30 (not necessarily forever, but, for 30 straight days). It's sometimes a little surprising what certain foods that we thought were okay are doing to our bodies. But, we all get to the point where we can do it at different stages.

Giving up artificial sweetners was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I actually did it long before I went primal, but I remember staring at the refrigerator every single day having those stupid diet cokes shout my name. After 6 weeks (I gave them up for Lent one year), the cravings past and I never looked back. I had a sip of one recently and though it was disgusting.

And good for you for changing your signature. You are not giving up. Your body will get back to that point, but only when it's ready (which, is never as soon as we want it to be).

And 7.5 lb - you'll get there in a blink of an eye (each day seems painful, but I don't know about you, but for me, time is flying by!).

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Paula - good for you on going full Paleo. I tried to start there and was having a few too many binges with such heavy restrictions. I am doing better with low carb Primal for now. And I understand about the weight signature. I went up 7lbs since starting a full Primal plan at the beginning of this month that is just now starting to come back down. It is hard to record that higher weight...

chelle06 is offline Member
    Wow! Your results are very impressive! I have never heard of whole 30. Sounds like you are sure rocking it though!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm only 7.5 lbs from my lowest Primal weight.

Nicely done. Brava!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    Hey girl - way to go on your whole30. I'm also up a few pounds since the fall (really can't blame the holidays as my loss stalled at the end of summer), as is the case with many (most) of the people I know. Can't wait for the summer and what the warmer weather brings (for me lots of swimming and yard work). Even though I'm not loosing at the moment, I am doing things to continue healing my body for a much stronger year ahead.

I always figured that failing is part of learning to succeed, so we should not fear it so much. When others see us fail and keep trying they learn that they can too.