Page 95 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 95

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree, but you can't convince people of anything. They have to take their own journey. The other day, you said that each "diet" you had been on had taught you something valuable. I believe that to be true. I hope for her sake that dabbling in GF lands her in a healthier place.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So my SIL posted on FB yesterday that she was going to try to go gluten free by changing her wheat products over to non wheat choices. I have shared Mark's Daily Apple with her, but she's afraid that she can't make that tough a transition.

1st comment said "Studies show the brain needs gluten, just don't eat the junk carbs". This person has an MS in Health Promotion
    I responded (stupid, I know) " You know how I feel about wheat. Besides, you can get all the carbs your body needs from veg and fruit. Watch the gluten free products; they can have as much carb and sugar as wheat products. Why trade one type of garbage for another." Then I posted some web addresses.
    Other comments "Cut the sugar and fat." "Dieting is my life, PM Me." "Diets are bad"

OMG Just kill me now.

I spoke on the phone with my SIL later. I apologized for commenting, but reiterated that she should try to eat as clean as possible, but GF is better than wheat if she has to go there. I think her life is overwhelming right now. Wish I could help.
    LOL.. you can't fix stupid honey (I do not mean SIL)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I started at GF (because I found out I was gluten intolerant). I fought it for a long time. Tried to just have a little bit of bread here and there. Mistake, but I was denial. Then I went to GF products. Then I went to Atkins. Then I came here. Then I ditched dairy (turns out, just as my doc said would probably happen, body doesn't like dairy either). Then I trimmed down the nuts. Then, I findally worked on the fruit (crazy cravings with fruit). Now I'm working on the psychology of my underlying issues. It's a process. Some people can just dive right in. Wish I were one of them! I got to MDA from a girl on a PCOS site I visit occasionally. She posted for well over a year before I was ready. I'm glad she didn't give up. I might have forgotten and not made my way this direction.

Yes I have a similar story, I started at Atkins years ago then came here even though my chiro would have preferred full on paleo. After 15 months, I am finally ready to let go of the last of it-processed meats, dairy, commercial mayo & dressings and most of all artificial sweeteners.

The people who can just go Paleo and never look back amaze me.

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Actually, people who can just drop everything at once and go paleo don't amaze me as much as the people who really have to work at change! I figure people who don't have to work at changing either really don't care about the taste of food, or they don't have families that they have to contend with, or they have a ton of social support, or they have plenty of time and resources for cooking.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPickles View Post
    Actually, people who can just drop everything at once and go paleo don't amaze me as much as the people who really have to work at change! I figure people who don't have to work at changing either really don't care about the taste of food, or they don't have families that they have to contend with, or they have a ton of social support, or they have plenty of time and resources for cooking.
    ^This. That said, I would guess there are very few of us who have not been overweight/unhealthy/food sensitive/whatever for a while now and tried all kinds of different approaches. I think those starting out today for the first time are lucky with all the primal information out there. Way back in the day it was "Hmmm...grapefruit or cabbage soup...great diet options..." :/
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I'm glad to see I'm in such great company with a bunch of other food addicts. lol

I just want to say that I have been a very good girl so far today. I stayed off MDA during my morning classes. :P
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Made it through the afternoon classes without MDA as well. Of course classes were only 27min as opposed to 43min on a normal day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    You dun good!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Besides food, I'm an MDA addict too..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.