Page 94 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 448492939495961041441945941094 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 94

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My son just walked through the kitchen wondering what the heck I was laughing at, you guys crack me up! Thanks.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Fig Newtons? Did you take an apple to the head?
    You Know...For a while in the 80's they made Apple Newtons.

Karin, I like your take on it. I have no idea why I didn't go for chocolate.

EDIT I just realized that I'll survive the apocolypse better than the rest of you guys...more fig newtons for me. As a Spanish teacher, I must believe in the Mayan cosmology.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You Know...For a while in the 80's they made Apple Newtons.

Karin, I like your take on it. I have no idea why I didn't go for chocolate.

EDIT I just realized that I'll survive the apocolypse better than the rest of you guys...more fig newtons for me. As a Spanish teacher, I must believe in the Mayan cosmology.
    Fig newtons are awesome. I used to eat those at my grandmother's house and it brings back wonderful memories. Obese ones, but good memories none the less.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

I am making beef and cabbage soup. That brings back memories of my grandmother. She made other, dessert type things (a type of fried bread-homemade dough of course, and a kind of nut roll which she had varieties of...instead of walnuts she would sometimes use onions, or purnes, or cottage cheese, depending on what was available and cheap). Both of my grandmother's only cooked from scratch, no store bought cookies, etc. So my memories with them are about making the stuff, then eating it. And the stories they would tell while we worked. But no fig newtons for me.

Ahhh Paula, but do you eat roaches?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris - I've had the chocolate covered crickets from Mexico.

Josh - Sounds like I have to share my apocalypse newtons.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Chris - I've had the chocolate covered crickets from Mexico.

Josh - Sounds like I have to share my apocalypse newtons.
    No that's quite alright! I'm just happy remembering my childhood.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

roaches are supposed to be the only thing to survive through apocalypse, although I have a vague memory of "MythBusters" destroying that myth?
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Dried figs totally remind me of fig newtons. Of course, I have to watch the fruit (can lead to terrible sweet cravings), but every so often they really hit the spot.

Edit: I know fig newtons have figs

So my SIL posted on FB yesterday that she was going to try to go gluten free by changing her wheat products over to non wheat choices. I have shared Mark's Daily Apple with her, but she's afraid that she can't make that tough a transition.

1st comment said "Studies show the brain needs gluten, just don't eat the junk carbs". This person has an MS in Health Promotion
    I responded (stupid, I know) " You know how I feel about wheat. Besides, you can get all the carbs your body needs from veg and fruit. Watch the gluten free products; they can have as much carb and sugar as wheat products. Why trade one type of garbage for another." Then I posted some web addresses.
    Other comments "Cut the sugar and fat." "Dieting is my life, PM Me." "Diets are bad"

OMG Just kill me now.

I spoke on the phone with my SIL later. I apologized for commenting, but reiterated that she should try to eat as clean as possible, but GF is better than wheat if she has to go there. I think her life is overwhelming right now. Wish I could help.

Honestly I think going GF is harder, trying to figure out what you can eat and what you can't, blah blah. Just cut the sugar and flour to start, then take out the grains, then take out the starchy veggies (if you are trying to lose weight). All the while not buying things in a box. Just keep working in a progression. I have a friend who is 'gluten-free' when I first heard her tell me what she couldn't eat, I thought my brain would explode. Not sure why I thought that was any harder than this. Maybe because she was talking about substitutes.
    Chris
    Unknown