Page 922 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 4228228729129209219229239249329721022 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,220 of 11543

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 922

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We have six built into the year that they give back in April and May if we don't use them. This year we have used 8. We are now losing days off of our April spring break.

For lunch, I cooked a sweet potato in the wood stove. I added kerrygold, salt and a chicken thigh on top. Dinner will be a curry seafood dish with rice.

Paleocon today...

Stephanie Ruper taught me that because I have a copper IUD, I should be supplementing zinc. She is anti IF for women, but admits it is a personal experiment. She also says that sweet potatoes have a lot of phytoestrogens and can mess with hormone balance.

Nora Gedgaudes did a good talk on adrenal fatigue, but she very pro keto. She suggests going keto as a solution. I have actually read that keto can cause adrenal and thyroid issues. I'm confused.

I like Mark's voice. He is also discussing low carb. Ugh. I am really trying to fight going vlc again.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-05-2014 at 10:09 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I was wondering about supplementing zinc for myself... I have a zinc/copper supplement, guess I need a just zinc one. I just thought I'd be getting enough from all the meat I eat.

I understand your frustration and confusion . I really do feel that the answers for every individual varies. It seemed like your most recent experiment went well and PHD is close in line with that, just with more starches & ferments. Perhaps a month or two of that to see how it goes? Since some of problems seem to be related to the timing of your cycle, I feel like it's important to get a couple of periods in before saying "no" to a new protocol.

I'm going to get back to PHD stuff soon, I think.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am reading the perfect diet book as well (good thing to do on a snowy day). What I have read makes sense so far, but nothing I have not read before.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Boy - I have to say - for all the issues I struggle with - I am thankful to not have binging a part of the mix. I have used the term in the past mostly when referring to eating too much ice cream or too many cookies. But I don't think I've ever technically binged. My ice cream over eating amounts to probably 2 cups of ice cream. And my cookie over eating could be 10 small cookies or 4 large cookies over the course of a day. But -- not just eating a LOT in a short period.

I'm saying this only to say --- some people use the term lightly and then have a less than full understanding of what a true binge entails. I have to say I don't really understand. But I do sympathize because I do understand that no matter the quantity of food consumed - the physical and psychological effects are very disturbing for the binger. I also understand that the compulsion to eat - even if not physically hungry - is very powerful.

I have to say I'm in the 3 fold camp for causality. Our bodies work as a flow of energy from all systems - so if one is out of whack - it will likely throw the others out as well. Its a symphony, and if one instrument is out of tune - the whole thing goes sour. This can apply to my gut issues. My gut is out of balance --- causing muscles aches, fatigue, brain fog, depression and food cravings. Its all tied together.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

NW-All things (binges, weightloss) being equal, I would rather have more carbs than less. My plan is PHD for the spring.

Tomi- Thanks for the acknowledgement of the difference between a true binge and overeating.

Karin - Yes, it is a paleolithic based book so it all sounds very familiar. I'm hoping the higher starch content coupled with the 8/16 eating window will help me binge less and lose more. Tomorrow, I will eat breakfast and lunch.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    In terms of the cause, I figure it's my body wanting comfort food, which by definition are salty or sweet. Certain foods have always meant happiness and comfort. THe body draws that association and makes the (false) assumption that the food causes the happiness, no the other way around.
    Reminds me of a dog and a bell.

I did not know that about sweet potatoes and phytoestrogens... now I'm concerned.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Perfect Health Macros

So I have reached the point in the book where they give their percentage recommendations for macros.
    Starchy carbs and vegetables 20-30%
    Protein 10-20%
    Fat 50-70%

I will aim to eat 2000 calories in 2 meals, breakfast and lunch within an 8 hr eating window.
    Carbs 600 cals (150 grams) 30%
    Protein 300-400 cals (75-100 grams) 15-20%
    Fat 1000-1100 cals (111-122 grams) 50-55%

I am basing my calories on what I know that I burn. Dr. Jaminet also stated in his paleocon interview that all of his retreat patients eat a minimum of 2000 calories. The big change will be the increase in carbs. My protein and fat level will be about the same.

Tomorrow will be my first official day.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-05-2014 at 03:00 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good luck. Will be curious to hear how this works for you.
    Georgette