Page 90 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 408088899091921001401905901090 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 90

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    hooray for mental health days!! I will take one later this year.. or maybe 2 LOL With dd being out ill the past 2 days.. I am counting these as well. So good for the mind and body.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So jealous! I'm glad you got some good food though Hopefully the mental health day will be a success in all ways not just culinary.
    Funny you should say that. My car started overheating on the way home from work. It is a pt cruiser that needs a radiator replacement about once a year. So I am just telling my husband this as we head out to the gym this morning. We get into our toyota...the battery is dead. TG for AAA. We are dropping mine at the shop this afternoon. It is a very good thing that I stayed home today.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My hubby cooked me a beautiful meal, a roast with trimmings, for one of our first dates. It was fantastic. Except for grilling that is the last time I can remember him cooking anything! Fillet mignon with asparagus sounds divine.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    My husband will cook, as long as he has a recipes and EVERY single thing the recipe calls for. He has the best intentions. I can't blame him much. His mom never let him near the kitchen and he didn't ever start cooking until his junior year in college when he left the dorms. I'm also a bit of a control freak...I would generally rather cook (unless it's the grill) and be in control of the ingredients. Although I would have made an exception for Paula's lunch...

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Funny you should say that. My car started overheating on the way home from work. It is a pt cruiser that needs a radiator replacement about once a year. So I am just telling my husband this as we head out to the gym this morning. We get into our toyota...the battery is dead. TG for AAA. We are dropping mine at the shop this afternoon. It is a very good thing that I stayed home today.
    It sounds like it. Gheesh, ambushed by the car gods.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

You know how sometimes people have to be ready to "hear" things or they won't accept them...

I have been experiencing this myself, but this story is about my husband. Bill has atrial fibrillation (an irregular heartbeat) with no known cause. Prolonged and frequent attacks can cause deadly clots. He usually has attacks after a night of poor sleep, after eating too much sugar, or when he gets angry/stressed. He's having several a week now. Well, yesterday he was talking about the procedure his doctor wants him to have. He's worried because the success rate is only 80% and he has heard of two bad experiences among his friends. My friend's sister in law died while having it.

I said "Honey, don't get upset, but I feel the need to say this once and I promise I'll never say it again" He said, "OK"
    I said "Some research has shown that A-fib can be caused by gluten intolerance. I think you should try an experiment and drop wheat and sugar for 30 days." He started to argue that it has nothing to do with nutrition. I said "I'm scared by the procedure as well. Why would you go for something possibly dangerous first, when you could try something safe and healthy." Silence...I apologized for confronting him. He said, "No, I'm listening."

I just got this email " I found some articles about the A-fib-wheat connection. It will be hard though because beer is both wheat and sugar."

I told him I would help in any way I can. I'm plan to be supportive, but not pushy. Like me, he needs to be desperate enough to make a change first, then research and draw his own conclusions. He has seen all the good this lifestyle has done for me. I'm praying it works for him.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    OMG! Good for him and good for you, I'm prayin too! hope it helps! Maybe some stress relievers as well?

I think my dh needs to drop wheat as well. He has skin issues that they have never been able to diagnose, now cholesterol and the lovely things that entails. But he chose statins, even though he hates drugs, over trying to give up wheat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    That is great news. I hope this is the answer!!! I never knew this connection between an irregular heartbeat and gluten. I have had a IH not sure if its A-fib though, but the docs have always said "Oh, its probably because you had scarlet fever as a child". Maybe not... hmmmm
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Gluten free beer. My DH drinks it. Saved the big wheat issue in our house!

My husband is the same way about needing to be ready. I think concern helps...but only when they are ready!

I hope his 30 day trial goes well.
    Last edited by RMS123; 01-12-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

OOOH what is the name of the gluten free beer?

BTW My new avatar is from my driver's license. Thus the seal of NYS plastered over my face. It is a good, recent picture of me which was taken on 8/25/2011.