Page 88 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990981381885881088 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 88

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Love your realizations. The Aspergers one especially. This will allow you ways to help your sons big time!

canio6 Guest
    Dang, Paula way to put things in perspective. You, as always, rock!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks everyone. A small note on my "Thoughts on" essays. When I started this journal a year ago, I wanted it to be more than a food log. I felt that if I shared my life honestly, I could help myself and others. The essays usually come after a long period of thinking. Some may say I am giving too much information in a public journal. Maybe, but it helps me and I still have some secrets ; )

As far as food and exercise are concerned, I put that info on the SPEED group journal. In case you are interested, Here is what I am doing.

Food 1500-1700 cals, 150g protein, 100g fat , <50g carb. I was experimenting with the bulletproof coffee that was adding 500 cals of fat to my morning. I was hoping that it would help me avoid bingeing. Not so much...I binged last night. I have decided to go back to the lower cal model that some of us women of a certain age seem to need. That way if I binge once a week, I'll still make progress.
    Typical Menu:
    26g protein shake, 1 egg, 3 bacon, coffee w/ 2tbsp HWC or CO milk and stevia or splenda

4-6oz protein usually chicken or tuna
    1/2- 1cup of veg ( I just found these great pictsweet spring and summer blends for the microwave - speed, convenience and variety)

6-8 oz protein
    salad, O&V dressing, 1/2 avocado

I sometimes add a serving of nuts or 1 oz of cheese if I am especially hungry. Generally, I drink water, & coffee. My new addiction is Mio water flavoring. Unfortunately, it adds more artificial sweetener to my diet.

More on exercise and my SPEED goals in the next post...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I share a LOT on my journal and I wonder sometimes if I share too much for a public area! But it's the internet, and if some creeper wants to stalk me, I'm sure my boyfriend would beat them up I also hope that it can be a help for others by being honest out in the open.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder I find that I only frequent journals where the poster writes about real stuff. Day after day of food lists can get a bit dry. How is your whole 30 going?

SPEED program and goals:

Sleep: They recommend 7-9. I am lucky if I make 7, so that is my goal.

Psychology: I am trying to understand why I binge (For example Sunday nights are bad for me), I am working on going through my Mom's things, I am working on improving my family's financial situation. In general, I'm trying to deal with things that may cause me to use food as a drug, instead of as just food.

Environment: Planning Meals and focusing on food instead of eating in front of the TV or computer.

Exercise: I've got this one down. I LHT 2x/wk, Tribal Dance 2x (my play), Cardio Kick/ bootcamp 2-3x (my sprint), Essential Movements 1x/wk

Diet: Eating Clean Primal no sugar, no wheat, no processed stuff, Measure it & Track it on Fitday, Drink 75+ oz of liquid/day
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    namelesswonder I find that I only frequent journals where the poster writes about real stuff. Day after day of food lists can get a bit dry. How is your whole 30 going?
    Just over a week in, but I've been 100% compliant! Except that I suddenly stopped eating enough food and lost weight, which is not good in my case (about to dip into the "underweight" percentile). I'm not sure why I did that, but I intend to focus on eating PLENTY of good foods this week to see if I can keep my calories high and stop losing weight.

I agree that the real stuff is what keeps me coming back (one of the reasons why I love PaleoBird's posts among others). Going primal is a lifestyle, so I like hearing about many aspects of people's primal experiences, not just food.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Help!!! I am alone with 6 pizzas. 2 bags of oreos and a bag of pretzels. I am supervising the fencing club party in the cafeteria while my husband coaches upstairs.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Don't touch that poison! You won't miss it!

Phew, the kids are down here eating and the poison is disappearing.