Page 875 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875876877885925975 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 875

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I started young but as she grows up and see's all everyone else has.. ugh!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I never understood celebrating birthdays. Even as a child it seemed odd that I should get rewarded with gifts and a birthday cake just for the fact that I was born. I had nothing to do it - so why I was I being celebrated? I wonder when this custom started - and do ALL societies do it?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ah, you see, we did allowance. It was not tied to chores or anything, I can't remember why, but we had a good reason, so if they wanted extra they could earn it by doing extra chores (they had a base set of chores that they had to do, no discussion-actually that is why the allowance wasn't tied to them, they couldn't decide to forgo the allowance if they didn't want to do the chore). Anyway, I kept a check book register in which they could see how much they had, and if they wanted something they could use that money (there was no lending they had to save it up). They actually went together and bought a wii one year. It was not a huge allowance either-they still get it and it is $50@ month, they pay for their car insurance, their cell phones, and the child they sponsor in Guatemala and usually end up owing me a bit at the end of the year. The money they get from working they use for things they want now (ie. the sightseeing part of Dudla's trip to Europe).

p.s. good question about the birthday celebrations and other cultures. We didn't get gifts as kids (no money), but the extended family gathered for a meal, and cake and ice cream.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I don't give my kids Bday gifts either. They always have a big party and that is the gift. Their friends give them enough presents! My son was 10lbs5oz and 2 weeks early (planned c section, so not as bad as it may sound).

Enjoy your celebration tonight!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Well, we do presents.
    Tonight Michael is receiving a gift card from each of his brothers, B And N, and Steam. Three cool bowling shirts (he collects them), a beautiful keepsake box with a samuri motif, a trench coat, an inspirational book and a basque beret all bought at Goodwill for under $40. Finally he is getting a gift cert from us for the local art supply store.

canio6 Guest
    Sounds like Mike is going to get a good haul. Personally, when I was growing up I had to get one more present every year than the year before and each one had to be bigger than the year before and if I didn't get that I would throw a fit and steal my cousin Harry's. He didn't need them living under the stairs and all. Plus, he had an owl and went to some weird school.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Sorry. I wasn't paying enough attention to whose journal I was posting in I didnt mean to hijack. Hope the celebration was amazing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like Mike is going to get a good haul. Personally, when I was growing up I had to get one more present every year than the year before and each one had to be bigger than the year before and if I didn't get that I would throw a fit and steal my cousin Harry's. He didn't need them living under the stairs and all. Plus, he had an owl and went to some weird school.
    *HP fist bump

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wt. 215.4 +1.5
    This is very unfair considering the fact that I skipped pizza and cake. I had a salad. Granted it had cheese and pufa oils in it. I also went to the gym. Tomorrow's weigh in may not be any better because we are taking Mike out to dinner. On the bright side, I am maintaining in my low weight range.

In other news, I am getting all ayurvedic on my ass. Every morning I do oil pulling and dry body brushing. Body brushing is supposed rejuvenate skin and get rid of cellulite. No there will NOT be before and after pics.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hows about just after pics....