Page 868 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 368768818858866867868869870878918968 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 11839

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 868

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    ADD is tough. My adopted daughter has/had ADHD. When we first met her at 10 1/2yrs, it was severe. She was on high dose Adheral to have a chance at getting along (she made everone crazy including herself when we forot her meds). Now, at 17 she is off the meds and much better. I think diet may have made a big difference for her plus she may have grown out of some of it. She also has this uncanny ability to pull off stuff when she should fall flat on her face. Kids are all different as you know. I'm sure with your love, encouragement and LOTS of work, you son will find his way. Sending you more patience and strength to continue your own journey.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well, eating 1.5 potatoes plus other veg and fruit carbs certainly gives me a ton of energy.
    I kicked ass at the gym last night. I did an hour of cardio kick boxing at full throttle and didn't feel like slowing down at any point. Also interesting to me is that I didn't have to make any modifications. I usualy forego the jumping jacks and scissor jumps due to knee issues. Last night I did it all.

TTOM is almost over, so I should be able to stay clean for the rest of the month. I think the binge may also have happened because I did not have enough clean time in before my period hit. Maybe I'll make it through next month.

I have been taking digestive enzymes after every meal for about a week. I feel as if things are digesting better / faster and I am getting more nutrients. I don't think there is any way to really tell if you are benefitting. That is why you are supposed to follow the dosing instructions. I will post them here when I get home. The basic Idea is to start with one pill per meal. If you feel a warmth in your stomach area at one, then you don't need the enzymes. You go up one pill at a time per meal (up to 5 pills) until you feel the "warmth" then back off one pill. That is your dosage per meal. When you begin to get the warm feeling at that dose you have "fixed" your digestion and can back off one pill at a time following the "warmth" protocol. When I no longer need all of the enzymes, I will begin to take ox bile salts alone to aid in the fat digestion that my missing gallbladder used to take care of.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    What you described with the warmth is what I thought you were supposed to experience with HCL, not enzymes?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That is very interesting about the digestive enzymes dosing.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What you described with the warmth is what I thought you were supposed to experience with HCL, not enzymes?
    The NOW super enzymes recommended by Wolf have HCL in them.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The NOW super enzymes recommended by Wolf have HCL in them.
    Oh, okay. I only took enzymes & HCL as separate supplements. Digestive enzymes alone don't have any immediate affect, you just have to monitor how you feel after meals (stomach, bathroom habits, burping, gas etc.).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Feeling behind the curve with this discussion on enzymes..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking digestive enzymes with breakfast - but forget to take them with dinner. You think taking them with only one meal does any good?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I assume that you will only get the improved digestion at breakfast. Just curious, Do your enzymes have HCL?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't see it on the label. I use Mega Spectrum Enzyme from Vitacost. I need to remember to take them with dinner!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation