Page 859 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861869909959 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 859

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    honeybuns, good luck with your husband. I am still trying to paleofy or at least primalize my husband. It is a real challenge.
    Heck, I have one hell of a time keeping myself on track.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Thx for the gall/celiac post (found it
    Off to read it now.
    Thx agn!
    K

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hi P, I was wondering how the rest of your household eats. Hubs and I are Primal, our daughter is not ,she has PCOS and is very overweight
    It is so much easier to eat primal if can cook the same for everyone and not have contraband in the pantry.So at home here I cook primal and our daughter (19yrs) adds in whatever she feels she needs.

I am the only Primal eater in my house. Tonight I had fish, salad and veggies while my husband taught my sons the fine art of cooking grilled cheese sandwiches on the panini press. LOL

It usually isn't that bad. My husband is the primary cook. Dinners are usually healthy. Breakfast and lunch for my husband and the boys is SAD.

I have tried to make a few changes such as rice cereal and GF chicken nuggets for my youngest, but my husband is not supportive of much else.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am the only Primal eater in my house. Tonight I had fish, salad and veggies while my husband taught my sons the fine art of cooking grilled cheese sandwiches on the panini press. LOL

It usually isn't that bad. My husband is the primary cook. Dinners are usually healthy. Breakfast and lunch for my husband and the boys is SAD.

I have tried to make a few changes such as rice cereal and GF chicken nuggets for my youngest, but my husband is not supportive of much else.
    Oh, that is too bad. It is a lot easier when they get it and join in. My hubby isn't perfect at it by any means but he does love the benefits of eating this way, even if there a few things he won't give up. There is always hope that yours will get there eventually.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am working really hard to avoid any attempt to control what my family members eat. I don't want them to do it to me so it only seems fair to afford them the same courtesy I expect. I make dinner with the idea that there is at least one thing each person "can" eat and they are welcome to supplement as they feel they need to. So salad, a starch, a veggie, a protein is the general goal for dinner, when Dudla is home for dinner then everything except the protein is vegetarian. Honey gets leftovers as his lunch. And his breakfast is a breakfast bar that I make (not totally primal but reasonable).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Snow day again.

Paleo Day 2 went great. I still had a good amount of swelling in my bad ankle last night which was surprising. Maybe from salty almonds? I did well with the veggies.

I accomplished a lot around the house yesterday.

A few more Florida pics.

IMG_20131225_173842_190.jpg
    My Boys

IMG_20131225_173509_091.jpg
    We're getting good at this selfie thing.
    IMG_20131227_175722_104.jpg
    Kevin contemplating sunset.
    IMG_20131225_172229_968.jpg
    Billy writing on the beach.
    IMG_20131225_083536835_HDR.jpg
    Mike holding the picture he made for his grandparents.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Love the pics! Treasures all!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My funniest Christmas gift. My husband was psyched to find this bucket of pork rinds.

IMG_20140103_094836111.jpg