Page 851 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 351751801841849850851852853861901951 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 11841

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 851

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Alligators. The only thing I hate about FL.

We hit the gym this morning. Then spa, pool, spa ,pool

canio6 Guest
    Really? Huh, gators are one of the things I miss about FL. Such awesome creatures. Why all the gator hate?

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    It's 80 & sunny in my part of FL. Great for bare-footing & getting the daily D, which is what I'm outside doing
    No gators in my yard....so far.....
    Maybe I shouldn't have said that, I may see one soon now! Lol!
    K

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yeah, I don't understand the gator hate. Respect yes, hate, not so much.

I have seen some crazy stuff at the Gator Pond at UF though! Once saw a woman hitting a gator with a big stick because it was coming after her poodle. People getting up close to get photos and such. I don't think people realize that those things are fast as heck (saw a cartoon once about a guy who had been told to run zig-zag away from a gator because they can't cut sharp turns and the gator got him in the middle of one of the zags) or that they can come up out of the water as high as they are long (if he is a 5' gator he can come straight up 5')Alligator Snaps at Flying Goose | Imbecile Entertainment Pic

canio6 Guest
    Yeah, I recall when at UF someone getting all mad because a gator ate their dog. The wildlife biologist interviewed for the paper basically said, "Yeah, your small dog looks like food. Don't let it drink from Lake Alice." I recall reading somewhere that they can sprint in short bursts up to 20 mph (no idea if that is true of not but either way, suckers are fast). All in all, as you said, it is about respect - don't let your tiny ass rat dog near a giant reptile, don't try to pet grizzly bears, and don't stick your head in lion's mouths....

speaking of which, that reminds me of a joke...

a dude walks into a bar with an alligator on a leash. With some effort he lifts the gator onto the bar and says "This gator can do an amazing trick. If everyone will buy me a beer I'll show you." People are interested and agree so the guy taps the gator on the head and it opens its mouth. The guy then proceeds to put his man parts into the gator's mouth. The gator closes its mouth and the guy takes a bow. The guy then hits the gator on the head sharply with a beer bottle and the gator opens its mouth. The guy puts his junk away unscathed. Everyone claps and starts buying the guy beer.

After a few drinks the guy says, "I will pay anyone here $1,000 if they try out my little trick." No one jumps at that chance because, well, it is a gator and manparts are not easy to come buy. "Really, no one?" the guy says. Finally a blonde woman in the back says, "Alright, I'll do it, just don't hit me in the head with the beer bottle."

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Really? Huh, gators are one of the things I miss about FL. Such awesome creatures. Why all the gator hate?
    Maybe hate was the wrong word. Fear is better. I skeered to meet one by accident.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I skeered to meet one by accident.
    Good point.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Snow jammies came!!! Thank you!!! Hoping they do the trick this year

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Suntide Beach Club on Lido Beach

IMG_20131223_163129865.jpg

The view over the dunes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.