Page 827 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 327727777817825826827828829837877927 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 11312

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 827

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Love the selfie!! So cute! Needs to be on a Christmas card!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    cute selfie! glad you guys had so much fun.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    2013-12-03_20-45-20_251.jpg2013-12-03_20-54-24_657.jpg

Elton John Concert. Our view of the stage and mega tron.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    That looks amazing!!!

Back to normal today. Lots to do before we leave for FL on Dec 21st.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    When does vacation start?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Lots of thoughts and feelings rolling around in my mind. I could post a really long thing about exactly what I am thinking, but it is not really appropriate coming off the high of the NYC trip.

The short version is that people in my world who are my age are dying suddenly of heart attacks or being diagnosed with terminal cancers. I am not doing everything I can to avoid the same fate for myself. I believe Paleo is the best / cleanest / safest way to eat and yet I don't do it consistently. I need to not only get back on my Leptin Reset wagon, I need to cut out all the Primal gray area stuff that I let in. Allowing days of poor eating choices is stupid for me. This is what I know, I am unable to cheat a little and get back on plan. I am causing unknown damage to my body when I eat sugar and wheat.

There are family issues going on as well, but I just don't have the heart to talk about it. Added to that, it is PMS week. Never good to post when emotions are high.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-05-2013 at 04:48 PM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My memory is that your Leptin Reset helped you immensely during your last cycle and especially during PMS week. I know I don't know the whole story but what I do know is that instead of beating yourself up (especially in this hormonal week) that the best thing you can do for yourself today is get back on the LR pronto. Then after the hormones have passed and you have a week or so of LR under your belt again, then you can worry about the sugar and/or the wheat.

Any plan that requires 100% compliance 100% of the time is unlikely to be one that you can do for the rest of your life. I feel like your best bet is to figure out what you can do to get back on your wagon ASAP after an indiscretion. I think that the need for 100% and a WTF attitude when you are not just prolongs the indiscretion which is actually the bad part, not the indiscretion itself. One veer off the wagon is not going to derail your health.

Now do something just for you this afternoon, and get back on that LR.

(p.s. gosh I am bad at pep talks, hope you can "hear" that I have your back and am in your corner cheering for you)

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Hugs, Pebbles.

I find it very frightening when people my age (and so, just like ME) die or get seriously ill. It is a natural human mental defense to say, 'well, it is because of X, and I don't do X, so I am safe', but when we know we are not avoiding the Xs that we feel are dangerous, it brings us to a scary place.

And yet, it is still hard to have OTHERS' experiences motivate US. It is the rare person who can do that. It takes a direct threat to ourselves to motivate us, and sometimes not even then. We are very contrary creatures.

The rewards our bodies and minds have linked to the X, can be so powerful that they can overcome reason, fear, physical pain, you-name-it.

So, what do we do then? Just keep trying, I guess.

Hmmm, this doesn't sound very uplifting. I guess it is more of a commiseration. We know what you are going through, Pebbles. We're there with you.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    And, also, I loved the photo of you and your man.