Page 817 of 1153 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817818819827867917 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 11527

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 817

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Today is our 20th wedding anniversary. Bill gave me a beautiful sterling silver irish wedding band, a wool scarf in my favorite colors and a coffee mug from Climax, NY. I gave him tickets to see Elton John in NYC next Tuesday and a T-shirt that says "Trophy Husband".

We are leaving for Boston tonight.
    NICE!! Props to the hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My school district closed. Our son's did not. In fact they didn't even delay. Several busses could not get to the kids to pick them up. Some busses got stuck. 911 is reporting multiple car accidents in our county.

The district called and left an automated message " The Superintendent apologizes for the bussing problems today. School will begin for those who arrived. All other students are on a 2hr delay."

They just called again. "There will be no further student pick ups today. School will dismiss at 1pm." The district really screwed up this time. Parents are irate. We put our precious sons on the bus because we trusted the district to have checked that the roads were safe.
    oh how aggravating!!! I mean all school districts have their oops' when it comes to weather but c'mon.. they really dropped the ball. Here, with weather like that the school district just excuses kids who miss with weather like that.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    the one year we were walking my kids to school, we had 8" of snow in 2 hours, started right as the last buses were dropping the kids off at school. Then the school district, at 8:30am decided to call school off. So all the parents who had almost gotten to work, and all the people on their way to work, and all the buses got caught in a traffic jam with all the loonies who have to run out and buy up all the bread and milk at the hint of snow got got in a snarl that literally stopped the city in its tracks for the entire day. There were kids who didn't make it home from school until 8:30 at night. People were making snow men on the sidewalks. My BFF was on her way to pick up her daughter and was literally getting no where so she just left her car to go up to a house and ask to use the restroom!

My Florida kids lucked out, I walked to get them and we walked home through the college campus. Some college kids were out and had our kids help them build a giant fort and pulled my kids along on garbage can lids. Great memories for us, nightmare for most though.

I remember back in college leaving early yo make it to an 8am class because the roads and weather was bad.. only to be there 15 min before class and told it was cancelled.
    Karin

yup... felt JUST like that.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My sons are home safely. We are off to Boston. Running in front of the storm. I will check in later.

Drive safe, around here snow makes the southerners drive like they have to hurry up and get home, hoping Yankees are smarter than that!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yikes, that really suck, Pebbles! Hope everything goes well. Congrats on your anniversary!
    Hell (Lubbock) literally froze over when I graduated from college. Every parent and relative came into town on an icy day in the teens. They had closed off roads, and classes/ work was canceled most of that day, but the show must go on for graduation. I remember trying to walk across campus in heels and slacks to try and make it to the stadium where they were holding graduation. Then, they held us in the loading dock before we walked in. Everyone was shivering, because none of us were allowed to wear our coats over our robes. It was fucking FRIGID.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Have a safe trip! Enjoy the anniversary!
    Karin

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have a safe trip and happy anniversary!