Page 806 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 306706756796804805806807808816856906 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 806

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    We are off all week, but have 3 more shows next weekend. Then it will be time for a rest. A friend from the show has convinced me to take an acting class in Woodstock on Thursday nights this winter. That should be fun.
    Fair call, enjoy the rest, I reckons you've earnt it!

Yes, John looks very young for his age. He is a very good friend of mine. He is currently fighting prostate cancer.
    Poor bugger, hope he gets better.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So how hard is it to go to work on a Monday morning after a fantastic Sunday matinee?

The class sounds interesting and exciting. I must be a real Southerner at heart, the first thing I thought about when you said Thursday nights this winter, was about getting there in your weather! If I ever lived up there, I suspect I would not do anything after dark all winter, just hunker down with a book a blanket and hot tea and wait it out!

So sorry to hear about his cancer and at such a young age.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So happy to hear you are enjoying the play - especially since you started off not sure you wanted to participate at this level. You definitely have true class and grace, P.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My Protein Experiment

It has been two months since I started the high morning protein experiment. I believe that I have absolutely found my magic bullet. I made 8 weeks without a binge and am currently hovering on the verge of a new low weight.

Here is a recap of the plan. 100-130 g of protein. 60+ at breakfast, 75-100g carb, healthy fats added as desired.

I am dropping the weekly check ins but you will be the first to know when I hit that new low. I will also be running a few experiments this month that I will report on in December.

As always, thank you for your support.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    My Protein Experiment

It has been two months since I started the high morning protein experiment. I believe that I have absolutely found my magic bullet. I made 8 weeks without a binge and am currently hovering on the verge of a new low weight.

Here is a recap of the plan. 100-130 g of protein. 60+ at breakfast, 75-100g carb, healthy fats added as desired.

I am dropping the weekly check ins but you will be the first to know when I hit that new low. I will also be running a few experiments this month that I will report on in December.

As always, thank you for your support.
    yee haw for magic! congrats!

Nov-Dec Experiments

Here are a few things that I am going to try...

I am raising my protein to 130-150g / day, still 65+ at breakfast. (Started 11/18)

I am adding gelatin to my protein shakes (Will start 11/20 when gelatin arrives)

I want to cycle VLC one week / month. (This week. 3-4 vlc days in a row)

I want to do 2-4 days of ADF / month. Under my plan that would mean front loading at breakfast and then not eating again until breakfast the next morning. (Monday 11/25 will be my first attempt.)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    P, make sure you mix the gelatin with a little room temp or cool water first. Make sure it "blooms" and then you can mix it in to anything, but it works best in hot beverages. I find collagen hydrosylate (gelatin with the gelling aspect removed) mixes better in cold drinks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Yes, I ordered the collagen hydrosylate from Great Lakes, based on the recommendation of turquoisepassion. I am going to get the other stuff eventually to make fruit snacks with my son.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It looks like a good plan, my idea, as always, would be to suggest you don't change more than one thing at a time so that you know what is making the difference and if it is worth keeping up with it or moving on to something else.

I use the Great Lakes often, mostly in DH's breakfast bar, but in the occasional mousse or dessert type thing too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, 1 and 2 are related, permanent changes that have already been decided upon. 3 and 4 will rotate and not happen in the same weeks.