Page 80 of 1128 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182901301805801080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 80

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This afternoon, I put together a new cage for our goat. The box said 30 minutes...NOT. It was about 90 min of hard work. Thank God I have my 13 yr old who likes to put stuff together. His father and older brother are useless in that regard.

When we are home, he is put out on a 20 foot line for most of the day so he can get sun and grass, but he tends to escape often. We are having a neighbor take care of him for 10 days, so we needed a way to let him be outside, but safe as well. It is a 4x8x6 ft dog cage and should work well. It is pretty big, but he will not be able to get a running start to jump over. Who knew, that I would someday be raising a goat like a dog.?

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You have a goat? Wow. That seems like a lot of work!

Once I mentioned that I might like to have a goat. About 2 yrs ago, my husband came home and said, my friend has baby nubian goats. I said no at first, but then caved. I love him, but it is really a pain to get a goat sitter. He was so cute when he was little. Now he's this huge guy about the size of a Great Dane. He likes to try and herd me with his horns, but he is gentle with me. He chases and plays with the big boys.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    wow, had no clue you had a goat. and a male one? bummer you can't milk those! does "exempt" mean he can't take a foreign language, or he's not required to? out here, we typically only have spanish and german, and that's in high school. i'd love for the younger grades to have foreign languages.

Yes, he doesn't have to take it. We start in 7th grade. The people at the meeting assured me he could take it at the HS. I said "Gimme a break, I know what kind of kids take Spanish I in HS" I'd rather he not take it at all than take it with the juvinile delinquents. I've taught those kinds of classes and am pretty good at it, but if you get the wrong teacher then game over.

No, we can't milk our goat, but we could eat him. bwahahaha

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    There is actually an issue for my DS if he is going to have to take a language college, since he wants to change language. Beginner level in college isn't really "never had it before".

My grandparents used to raise lambs, but they weren't for pets. No animal was on their farm without a purpose. The dogs were watch dogs, NOT pets, chickens, lambs, pigs, everything was dinner at some point.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    You probably would have liked having a Pygmy Goat. We have friends that have a pygmy goat and he is absolutely cool. His name is Bob. He comes up to about knee high and is adorable. You can even walk him on a leash.
    Georgette

Yup,a pygmy would have been easier. I had him in the cage for a few hours yesterday. He made the saddest bleats.

We are now safely in Florida. The flying was fine except for the extreme ear pain I had on descent into Tampa. I'm still slightly deaf in my right ear.At least it wasn't one of my kids. My husband and I slept 5hrs. We are now shopping.

Happy Holidays to all of my dear MDA friends.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-24-2011 at 05:16 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you guys are safe. Have fun!!!!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Have a wonderful time on your vacation! Glad you arrived at your destination safe.

Oh.. I am thinking about getting goats and a lamb this spring, they will not be pets though
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.