Page 795 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 295695745785793794795796797805845895 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 795

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, you rascal!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Here is a copy of the playbill for my show. Opening night is this coming Friday. I also linked an online article about it, but the pics were taken on a night when only the leads were practicing. You can get a look at the biyatch who stole my role. Lol just kidding. In the end, I am enjoying being in the back up group. All the fun and none of the pressure.

Never mind. I couldn't find the online article link. I'll post pics eventually.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-11-2013 at 08:32 AM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Phrases like that are why I really hate that word, haha
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    ah, so glad I am not the only one that went there.
    oh my

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    no, I pronounce the "l" as well, so glad you said that, cause before you did I didn't get it
    LOL.. glad I am not the only one
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Finished prepping for my observation. I wrote a long form lesson plan using all the best BS buzz words that admins like.

Still have to work on grades for at least 2 hrs.

I plan to leave for rehearsal early so that I can go shopping at kohls.

Mini Vanity Rant I had a bad mental moment about my body when I went to take a shower in the 2nd bathroom in the basement. The lighting in there is very "good". I got a real clear look at all my ugly stretch marks, the 40-60 lbs of fat I have yet to lose and frankenstein like legs (varicose veins). I have a distorted, overly positive image of my beauty and I am too attached to it. Yes, I have a pretty face and look good in clothes, but it is a good thing I don't have to get naked in front of anyone except my husband. OK. Done acting like a baby

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Mirrors are portals to some evil universe, I think. The mirror at my grandmother's house is pretty big so I spent a little time examining over the weekend. One night, I despaired over the stretch marks (I know it's silly, everybody has them, it's just about skin elasticity). The next morning, I felt sexy. Maybe it was just the natural lighting .

I think the problem is not your personal body image, but the one projected onto us by media and advertising. The problem is that we're shown all these bodies and told that the common & natural features are flaws. You are a Real Woman, P, in a lot of ways, and it's all positive.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Bah. Y'know how the scale lies? So can the mirror, especially those "good" ones that show you every single little imperfection. Honestly, I've given up on wanting a perfect body. Looking in the mirror can be downright embarrassing for me, especially under light that's good enough to show all my scar and wobbly bits. I'll think I'm pretty farking hot stuff, and then look in a dressing room mirror and *pfeeeewwww* there goes my self confidence like the air out of a balloon. So I ignore the depressing mirrors. They lie like a cheap suit.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Ew yeah, dressing room mirrors are the absolute worst.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Mirrors are portals to some evil universe, I think. The mirror at my grandmother's house is pretty big so I spent a little time examining over the weekend. One night, I despaired over the stretch marks (I know it's silly, everybody has them, it's just about skin elasticity). The next morning, I felt sexy. Maybe it was just the natural lighting .

I think the problem is not your personal body image, but the one projected onto us by media and advertising. The problem is that we're shown all these bodies and told that the common & natural features are flaws. You are a Real Woman, P, in a lot of ways, and it's all positive.
    truth.. ALL truth

Right there with ya sistah!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Great Maybe I shouldn't go shopping today. Thanks ladies, you guys always make me feel better.

I think I am reacting to something else as well. My goal weight has always been 175. A few days ago, I was redoing my lean body mass calculations. The calculator said my LBM was 131lbs. It also said I should weigh between 150 and 160. That means I am still at least 50 lbs from goal.

I made the mistake of telling my husband about this, he said. "Well, when I met you, ( at 170) your arms and legs were still a little heavy." When I did not react well, he said, " What are you worried about? I have never refused you." Then he said, all that matters is being healthy. While this is true, I wish he had left out the other stuff. The a$$.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *face palm*