Page 794 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 294694744784792793794795796804844894 ... LastLast
Results 7,931 to 7,940 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 794

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WHOOOHOOO sounds like it was a great day
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Awesome!!! The photos of the park are great too!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    On what planet do I get to lose weight during TTOM?
    My husband is challenging me to get under 200 by the time we go to NYC for our anniversary in 3.5 weeks. He keeps saying that I could do it if I really work hard. I know he is excited for me and I am trying not to get upset with him. Yesterday, I snapped at him that it doesn't work that way and that losing 12 lbs in that time would be a lot. Why doesn't he just concentrate on his own weightloss?

Last night I went to see my friend Rich (movie husband) in a play at a local library. It was poignant and very funny. It is amazing what good actors can do with minimal props and a great script.

Today...yoga, groceries, wood, cleaning house. The entire family will be on the last two.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

The second I decide I can lose such and such an amount of weight in a certain amount of time (what most people call goal setting) it destroys my efforts. My best goals are those in which I control my behavior and let the results take care of themselves.

At this stage of your program I would be surprised if you could get to 205 by your trip, but would not be surprised if you managed 208.

I love our local theater, for the most part, in my opinion, the best shows here are the songwriter's shows and the local troupes.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hooray for the new low weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically, if I set a goal weight by a certain date, I too would end up going to other direction. However, I've noticed most (not all!) men would have a similar reaction. I believe it's because many of them are very goal oriented in nature and think that by helping one set "tough" goals they are helping set you up for success. I only wish it worked that way I also think a lot of people have been swayed by shows like the Biggest Loser -- that all people need to do is work hard and weight loss will be theirs.

canio6 Guest
    Congrats P. Awesome job as always

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

...He keeps saying that I could do it if I really work hard......

Fantastic!

You ARE working really hard: you are keeping to your program. Don't give in!

I think the attitude comes from the typical American one of, 'if one is good, ten are better.' Hard to get around. But annoying!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks gang.
    Yes, my husband is very goal oriented...for everyone except himself, it seems.
    My only loose goal is to break 210 and hit a new 20 year low by Thanksgiving. After that it is all gravy. My second goal would be to avoid gaining through the holidays.

canio6 Guest
    20 year low...damn P, just damn. That is awesome.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    breaking 210 by Thanksgiving is not an unreasonable expectation. For me, though it would be much safer to decide my goal is to make it through Thanksgiving without a binge, and is more proof that while we are all in this together it is a very individual journey.

So exciting to be so close to a 20 year low!!!