Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 79

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have never ate them raw... hmmm
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ooo, gotta do it with the homemade ranch!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    HMMM Do It with home made ranch, she says...When did my journal go XXX?

Today is my last day of work. The trick is to keep a lid on 30 kids who are pumped for the vacation for 43 minutes. In high school, at least the group changes every 3 quarters of an hour. Today, I have an extra credit puzzle for them which is only offered to those kids who come to school today. We will also be watching "Shrek" in Spanish.

Yesterday my 8th period class almost got the best of me , but I sparked their interest with some good old historical smut. We are studying the Spanish painter Goya. I showed them the painting of the royal family of King Carlos the 4th. We talked about realism; How the artist depicted the fat, red faced king in an unflattering way. We talked about genetics in royal families and then for the finale, I pointed out that the Kings brother was standing next to one of the King's daughters...HIS WIFE! They were horrified.lol

In other news, I have made my to do list for the next 2 days before we take off for Florida. I have a lot to do, but once I get there and Xmas is over, I can relax. I'm happy about the presents I bought for my family, but my Xmas spirit is weak. My Mom is never far from my thoughts.

This is not going to be an easy Christmas for you. It will be slightly easier because you won't be at home though. 3 of my grandparents passed away on holidays, 2 on Easter weekend and 1 on New Years Day, it makes for bittersweet celebrations.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    You sounds like an awesome teacher Wish I was in your class today instead of work.

My son might have stuck with Spanish if you had been his teacher, he switched to French in middle school thinking he would switch to Latin or Geman when he got to High School anyway. then they cut both languages, so he is stuck taking French for the 4 years!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My own son barely passed French with a 67. I thought my middle boy would take Spanish, but they exempted him from language due to his disability. It was a sad day for me. My third boy has Aspergers' as well, so he is likely to be exempted when the time comes.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Thinking back, if I would have had the option (which we didn't), I would have taken latin. I took French through college...loved it...keep thinking I'll start again someday in my "spare time" (maybe when I'm not trying to lose weight).

I took French, ended up dating a French Prof (not mine), who then moved away and would only read my letters if I wrote them in French. I told him it would be like dating a kindergartener! We didn't last long after that. Latin would have been so helpful when I was majoring in Nutrition, it was essentially pre-med, all those terms and memorization, Latin would have made it much easier. DS took Latin in 5th grade but then it wasn't offered after that. He actually liked it, and it would have helped him immensely, both my kids have a "reading learning disability" (in the old days we called it Dyslexia).
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ooo ooo I took french in College. I wish I would have taken latin though. I just imagine how much more vast my vocabulary would be.. I love words. LOL such a geek!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.