Page 770 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 270670720760768769770771772780820870 ... LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 9996

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 770

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks to you both.

I am feeling very concerned in general because I am not feeling as well as I think I should after having been clean for over a month.

I am tired and sad or angry at odd times. I am also foggy headed and forgetful.

My joints have really been bothering me as well. My hands hurt and my knees ache. At first I thought it was just the knee injury from dancing, but they both feel weak and wobbly. I'm trying not to let it make me crazy. I would love to drop all dairy and sweeteners a la whole 30, but that would mean dropping my whey protein in the AM. I feel that if I did that, I would not be able to get all that protein in. The 60+ grams of protein at breakfast is undoubtedly the key to not binging for me.

This is a bit of a dilemma.
    P - take this with a grain of salt..............but, how you considered that feeling angry or sad is actually a good sign, that you are healing? I say this because (and it might not be true for you) a lot of us use food to numb, regulate, comfort us, etc. Instead, because you are NOT using food for these reasons, you are feeling emotions that you used to bury with food. The timing might be odd, but I would speculate (again, may not apply to you) that you mind/body is adjusting to the fact that you can feel these things. I think a lot of us are taught that "good girls" don't feel anger or sadness. I know I was taught to bury those things (and my drug became food instead of alcohol or cigarette or drugs). Anyway, just a thought.

On the fatigue, I swear that I read on W9 website (long ago) that some people, depending on what they're overcoming may not feel better at the 30 day mark -- it can take longer. Or, perhaps your body is still adjusting/detoxing. Or, maybe you're not eating enough (not sure here)?

I doubt this is an issue, but any real nightshade usage? Sometimes tomatoes make me hurt if I've eaten a tomato intense meal.

There's also egg protein, but it's just...okay. And, I cannot tolerate the unsweetened variety.

Anyway, just a few things for your consideration

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    P - take this with a grain of salt..............but, how you considered that feeling angry or sad is actually a good sign, that you are healing? I say this because (and it might not be true for you) a lot of us use food to numb, regulate, comfort us, etc. Instead, because you are NOT using food for these reasons, you are feeling emotions that you used to bury with food. The timing might be odd, but I would speculate (again, may not apply to you) that you mind/body is adjusting to the fact that you can feel these things. I think a lot of us are taught that "good girls" don't feel anger or sadness. I know I was taught to bury those things (and my drug became food instead of alcohol or cigarette or drugs). Anyway, just a thought.
    Ruth is wise.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ruth, that could be true about the emotions. It is possible that they are completely unrelated to the physical issues.

Home today waiting for the washer repair man. Hopefully, it is an easy fix.

Glad to have a day off from school. The brain fog and absentmindedness is really making it hard to teach. I gave a very simple grammar lesson yesterday, but made it so confusing, the kids were like WTF?

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I have no clue if this has any validity. While surfing on the web (wasting my time :-)), someone was saying that by eating clean, they were having a bunch of detox going on, which included achy joints and brain fog. Again, don't know how much weight to give it and I didn't chase it down, but thought I'd mention it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    P, would you mind listing out what your supplements are now? Perhaps we can help find a correlation. Also maybe you are coming down with something?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I have no clue if this has any validity. While surfing on the web (wasting my time :-)), someone was saying that by eating clean, they were having a bunch of detox going on, which included achy joints and brain fog. Again, don't know how much weight to give it and I didn't chase it down, but thought I'd mention it.
    This is something that gets tossed around a lot on this forum and others and seems to be the line my buddy's naturopath is feeding him. Personally it seems like a crock of sh*t to me. "You have all these toxins in your body and they build up and now they are released and you feel bad and buy some of these suppliments and herbs and things I sell for the cost of a car payment..." Yet, I have never seen any legitemate test to show these so called toxins. Also, what if I have so many stored and then eat so clean they all release and my body dies because of toxin poisoning...yeah, doesn't happen. But if I buy this bracelet or wear this magnet or drink this drink all my toxins magically disappear. Not buying it.

(That is not to say that there are not toxins/legit poisons. Obviously if you take rat poison it is toxic. I just do not buy into these large stores of "Toxins," quotes required, just hanging out in the body unnoticed until you write some quack, I mean, practitioner, a check).
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ZNatural Ultra whey Isolate 27g of high bioavailable sweetener free very well sourced protein. About a dollar a serving. Relatively tasteless, though I never added it to water. Very low in lactose due to the process they use. Order direct from the company. It is the one I use when I use one and the one recommended to my dad by his chemo doc as the one with the least amount of added stuff.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Hope the washer is an easy fix and you are NOT coming down with something. This cold business sucks.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Washer guy was already here. It was the door latch. $187.66.

The rest of the day is mine and the hubs. Funny, this morning I thought we were alone, when suddenly my 18 yr old stumbled out of his room. My how times have changed. (We used to be able to have wild sex any where we wanted when I played hooky on school days.) Now, not so much.