Page 77 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879871271775771077 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 77

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thoughts on the Fragility of Life

I haven't done one of these in a while, but I find it necessary to remind myself of a few things.

On Friday a 27 yr old Police Officer who worked for our school district was killed in a car accident. He was a newlywed with no children of his own but beloved by his peers and the students at the middle school where he worked. This was one of those unreasonable tragedies we see so often on the news.

The truth is that life is fragile and we have no guarantee of any amount of time on this earth. Sometimes the life we have is difficult and full of trials, and sometimes it can be beautiful. The only thing we can do is live the life we have to the best of our ability. Be a good person, work hard, reach for goals, love. Everybody will die, some long before they should.

And we can do our best to cut our risks of dying young - wear a seatbelt, avoid dangerous situations, take care of our health etc. Prolonging life is my main reason for being Primal. So what if the number on the scale isn't what I hoped. I did not put poison into my body this week. I often forget how scared I was that first night in the ICU. Sometimes I need to be reminded of what is really important.

My prayers and condolences to Travis' family and friends.

+1
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thoughts on the Fragility of Life

I haven't done one of these in a while, but I find it necessary to remind myself of a few things.

On Friday a 27 yr old Police Officer who worked for our school district was killed in a car accident. He was a newlywed with no children of his own but beloved by his peers and the students at the middle school where he worked. This was one of those unreasonable tragedies we see so often on the news.

The truth is that life is fragile and we have no guarantee of any amount of time on this earth. Sometimes the life we have is difficult and full of trials, and sometimes it can be beautiful. The only thing we can do is live the life we have to the best of our ability. Be a good person, work hard, reach for goals, love. Everybody will die, some long before they should.

And we can do our best to cut our risks of dying young - wear a seatbelt, avoid dangerous situations, take care of our health etc. Prolonging life is my main reason for being Primal. So what if the number on the scale isn't what I hoped. I did not put poison into my body this week. I often forget how scared I was that first night in the ICU. Sometimes I need to be reminded of what is really important.

My prayers and condolences to Travis' family and friends.
    +2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wt. 218.4

I am going to try and use my time wisely this weekend, so I will not be on MDA that much. At work, I want to clear the decks as far as correcting is concerned. At home, We are getting ready for a holiday trip so there is a lot of washing, packing and cleaning to do.

Didn't want anyone to worry.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Be safe and have a good weekend. Hopefully you'll have good weather down south
    Georgette

Paula- thanks for the update (you know we DO worry). Have a safe trip and have FUN!!! Relax and be good to yourself!
    Karin

So we leave for Fla on Friday. We are flying. I hate flying. I have much to do to get ready. It will be a busy week.

I'm hoping to keep my eating plan VLC so that next week will seem like a carb refeed to my body. No I don't intend to eat like crazy every day, but...For Xmas eve, there will be lots of primal and semi primal stuff to eat. My goal is to stay away from wheat and sugar, but everything else is fair game. Then I'll attempt to go VLC clean again between Xmas and New year's eve.

My Ultimate goal is to weigh the same on January 2nd as I do on Dec 23rd. Less would be fine too.

Flying is stressful for me as well. Getting everyone packed and ready and out the door on time. Actually, travel is stressful for me, the closer I get to the day of departure the more stressed I get, even if we are driving.

The more you drink (excluding alcohol of course) the less you will eat, keeping a glass in your hand helps to keep you from grabbing for food, plus if your stomach feels full you are less likely to pick at stuff. One of my rules for this holiday trip is NO SNACKING. I must be seated and eating off a plate, that cuts down on a lot of junk. Good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_meA2...eature=related
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-19-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: add link
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Victory!!!

I went in search of some coffee today. I first went to the cafeteria, but the line was way too long to wait on for crappy school coffee. I then went to the faculty break room. There was coffee and some stevia that I had left there. Suddenly (cue horror soundtrack) I saw the note on the board - "Homemade apple cake, enjoy" Yes, I was alone in the break room with a cake...a cake that had a 2 inch crumb layer. I felt the punch to the gut and then my mouth started to water. I stood there for 5 seconds then made my coffee and as I sailed out the door I said, "You won't get me today." I though I heard the echo of evil laugher.

It is amazing what a difference good food and good sleep make.

that IS a victory!!! Our lounge is satan's playground today..UGH! I resisted THAT just not some of the treats brought to me. I did not over indulge though. Going to have to pawn it off on someone. LOL
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just got a head's up from a co-worker she is bringing stuff in tomorrow.

I am making the cake bites, they are all rolled and just have to be dipped. I am putting some out for tonight, then taking them with me to the beach, then, now here is evil for you...I am going to give them to co-workers after Christmas at our annual meeting. Because no-one is in the office this week, so I am going to test everyone's New Year's Resolution. They all have kids though, and the bites are freezable, and there are only 9 in a box-and it takes at least 6 to equal a small piece of cake, so not too bad.
    Chris
    Unknown