Page 76 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778861261765761076 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 76

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It was 3 weeks into Primal. I had been exercising for 6 months and that may have saved my life and the fact that I used an albuterol inhaler because I thought it was asthma.

I've thought a lot about this. Before Primal, I went on a huge 3-4 week sugar carb bender with almost no greens. Then I stopped cold turkey and started eating ton of vegetables. Since they believe I have a genetic clotting disorder, I wonder if the quick change in diet caused the clots to form. That is why I would have to be very sure of my eating program if I were to ever get off coumadin.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I did the same thing with the albuterol inhaler. I am hoping the asthma disappears with the weight. One of the reasons I am trying to lose, one among many!

I have no genetic background for the blood clots, no travel, no whatever else they asked about. I had just started Atkins, maybe a month to 6 weeks before as well. I have always been a veggie eater, but went from vegetarian (decidedly NOT low-carb) to low carb. I didn't start Primal till August, months after the PE. After the PE I did start doing a more "natural" low carb. Cut out the Atkins products, etc.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Wt. 219 WTF? My reward for a week of clean eating is a gain of 4.5 lbs. I am getting really angry and frustrated It's post TOM and pre PMS so I should be losing. I have a party tomorrow night so my chances of posting a loss this week are slim.

I actually poured a big bowl of rice chex this morning because my F-it button had been pushed one too many times this week. I ended up putting the cereal back in the box, but I can feel how weak my will is right now.

My plan is to eat vlc through lunch then IF until tomorrow, but I may just buy a danish on my way to work and call it a day. I bet you if I did, I would lose 2 lbs over night.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

If you are gonna go off the end do it with something worth while, so that regardless of weight you enjoy it. ie. danish makes sense, rice chex not so much! Don't eat it in the car, make it a sacred ritual to food. Find a quiet spot, put on some good music, maybe candles, and savor every bite. Put it down between bites and really taste it, don't allow yourself to shovel it in because "you deserve it" after being good all week.

A couple of things are likely to happen, you will find out that it is not that good, you might feel a little silly-it is only food-nourishment for survival, or you could say "damn that was really good, glad I took the time to taste it". Good Luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Thanks for the advice Chris, but that defeats the whole purpose of a binge which is spontaneous and quick. Cereal is one of my favorite comfort foods. The rice chex are really cinnamon rice chex with added sugar, but gluten free.

My husband got up early and noticed that I was in a mood. I tried to explain why I am so frustrated, but started to cry. He was very understanding and told me that I look like I am slimming down and that likely my heavy leg workout yesterday caused me to hold water weight. I avoided the cereal and danish pitfall and am now at work where I have to make a real effort to get bad food. I put 2 tbsp of ACV in my water bottle. I will have 2 more this evening. I also plan to up my water intake by 20 ounces today.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, Paula, I totally feel you. Chris surely has great words of wisdom for us all. I love your husband's reasoning - he really is spot on (I notice when I lift heavy...which hasn't been for awhile...I notice a sharp increase the next day or two...followed by a big drop). Hang in there, as I noted in my own journal, the scale will catch up to us!

The thing about the coumadin that was an issue for me, is that green tea is really good at helping with water weight, but of course you can't do that on coumadin. The other things that are supposed to help, besides the ACV in water, are parsley and veggies in general (man another reason to eat your veggies).

Oh, I know that mindful eating is the enemy of binges. That is one of the reasons my new rule for eating is that I can only eat sitting down, and from a plate. My binges occur, almost always, standing in front of the pantry, eating out of packages. When I slow it down it gives me time to realize what I am doing and even if I keep doing it at least I enjoy it.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    If you are gonna go off the end do it with something worth while, so that regardless of weight you enjoy it. ie. danish makes sense, rice chex not so much! Don't eat it in the car, make it a sacred ritual to food. Find a quiet spot, put on some good music, maybe candles, and savor every bite. Put it down between bites and really taste it, don't allow yourself to shovel it in because "you deserve it" after being good all week.

A couple of things are likely to happen, you will find out that it is not that good, you might feel a little silly-it is only food-nourishment for survival, or you could say "damn that was really good, glad I took the time to taste it". Good Luck
    I like this! Makes sense.. avoid those seedy affairs with food.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there Paula.. not long ago I was where you are (I will be again as that is the way it happens). Keep doing the right thing.. the scale is a biatch today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I have had the scale go up five pounds IN ONE DAY!!! If you know you are eating clean, don't sweat it. For me those extra five pounds were gone within a couple of days.