Page 75 of 1092 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677851251755751075 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 75

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks ladies for all the great advice. I don't see myself adding more than one veggie on purpose per day. Right now I am eating a spanish style stew that my husband made and it is full of assorted veggies. I have no intention of changing anything in my SPEED program. I sort of see my Chiros ideas as a goal for after I lose the weight - intuitive Primal eating. He has never been fat and so does not know how important tracking can be. I do agree though that my veggies are lacking. My protein intake is perfect so I just need to add more vegetables. For variety, I'll do something different with every dinner.

Chris, I'm amazed, that is a lot of vegetables.

Thanks Karin, remember that diet that was only veggie soup for days and days.

Welcome tinawalker! Thanks for posting.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You probably have more advice than you need on veggies, but I'll offer a few thoughts as well Carbs are so specific to the person...I do well 40-60 carbs, but others, not so much.

* Frozen veggies. I love cauli and broc. If I'm really lazy (and short on time), I pop them in the microwave and eat. If i have more time, I love to let them cook under the broiler (like Chris mentions).
    * Leafy greens. Low carb, full of good nutrients. Spinach, collards, kale, etc. [I sneak them in my husband's smoothie.] [maybe those are your mixed greens?] 2 cups of spinach = 3 g carbs.
    * I toss extra veggies in my meat sauce, soups, stews, etc. I'm tinkering with a recipe to mix pureed spinach/broc in things like chili. I'm pretty sure you won't notice them and they'll add thickness.

I'm in in the same boat. I have no desire to spend time cooking veg. I think I just need to purposefully add more. Tonight I had veg stew, so I had variety, but I didn't eat my salad. I have to watch the dark green foods because they mess with my coumadin levels. The spring mix I use is better for that.

Lol my phone wanted to change coumadin to climaxing.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yep, pretty much all the low carb veggies are an issue with the coumadin (or climaxing if you prefer). How often are you getting your INR checked? You should probably go slowly about adding until you know how it affects the INR.

I went ahead and added pasta to dinner last night (dd and the boyfriend ate over). I made the same amount I have always made, and had half of it left. The boyfriend did not end up eating, but that means that, not only is everyone else cutting back on their portions of grains, but that I was eating a boatload of them when I was eating them. We also had chicken, caesar salad, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. There were 2 small pieces of chicken left over, and none of the veggies, my family is learning to eat healthfully!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yes, I plan to go slowly. I've been on coumadin for 14 months and am on it for the rest of my life. I get checked monthly. I take 13mg because I refused to cut out green foods. My doctor agreed. I think I'll be okay if I rotate veggies and don't do more than one cup of added greens / week. I already eat a salad daily, so I'll make other choices.

How are you doing off Coumadin? I have been thinking about talking to my hematologist after the new year about getting off myself. There are risks for using it and not using it. If I did get off I would have to be in a place mentally where I knew I could control the bingeing. Sugar highs, insulin spikes and inflammation caused the clots, so losing control of my eating would not be an option. Scary.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I LOL'd @ your climaxing phone
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am doing great off the drugs. I made a list of foods that naturally thin the blood, and make a point to include them in the diet. I don't tend to have binge issues much, and when I do it is usually nuts not sugar. I also think that now that you know what it felt like to have the PE you will be more ready for it should it happen again, you won't hold off having it checked. I would think though that the scary part is if one forms in the leg and breaks loose, I don't think you get a warning for that?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with climaxing, either

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am doing great off the drugs. I made a list of foods that naturally thin the blood, and make a point to include them in the diet. I don't tend to have binge issues much, and when I do it is usually nuts not sugar. I also think that now that you know what it felt like to have the PE you will be more ready for it should it happen again, you won't hold off having it checked. I would think though that the scary part is if one forms in the leg and breaks loose, I don't think you get a warning for that?
    My clots started in my right leg. I had no warning. One minute I was fine, the next I couldn't breathe well.

that is scarier then. Was it before you started primal/exercising? Did they ever decide if there was a specific reason for it?
    Chris
    Unknown