Page 732 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782832 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 732

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My first home in Boise was built in 1906. A man searching for treasures with his metal detector found a penny dated 1906 in the front yard. I always wondered if the coin was dropped during construction by one of the workers. He put the penny in a coin keeper and gave it to me. I kept for many years, then sold it on ebay.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I checked ebay. The price on my model is the same as from the dealer without the accessory pkg.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    that is often the case with ebay. Mechanical is probably better bought from a dealer anyway.

Our house is built on a battlefield, well most of this part of the city was a battlefield (Civil War), and DS always pined for a metal detector. But they tore up the earth so much when they built our place that it is highly unlikely he would have found anything. Now across the street it is very likely, but she wouldn't have let him search her property-she is like that ya know.

Darn. That would have been an awesome search.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula.. New york is a historic state too
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yep, he spent several years trying to figure out a way he might talk her into it. She has grandchildren, so maybe when they get older they will figure out that there might be stuff there and search the property.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Paula.. New york is a historic state too
    Sadly, no Civil War battles were fought here. Battlefields and other national historic sights are off limits to MDing. However as Chris said, not all battlefields became gov't property.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-22-2013 at 05:04 PM.

There are all sorts of markers and such around us. Both North and South armies passed over our property during the course of the Battle of Nashville. But I am guessing it was not an important enough battle to warrant the gov't buying all the land south of downtown! It covered a huge amount of land. It is actually amazing when I see the maps and realize how long it takes to get to the southern tip of the battle even from my house, and they did it on foot! I would be doing it on a highway and still would take almost an hour to get there!

I do think that they ask if you find anything of significance that you "donate" it to the State Historical Museum.

The first year we were here, my kids were part of an archeological dig at Andrew Jackson's homestead. DS found buttons off of Jackson's uniform, and DS found 3/4ths of a dinner plate. Pretty awesome stuff.

220.2 same 4 days binge free

My new plan is a huge protein breakfast a la Leptin Reset. I have been eating about 70 g protein at breakfast. 30 g in the form of a protein drink. I am not being strict about the low carb aspect of LR.
    It really has killed binge urges.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-23-2013 at 06:57 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pretty historic around here, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything with how much construction has gone on since colonial times.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.