Page 730 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 11736

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 730

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm having a weird allergic reaction to something. It started at rehearsal. My right ear became hot and itchy, then my neck and face, finally my left ear. I bought and took some benedryl on the way home.

Unfortunately this set off my anxiety issue. I am now imagining my throat is closing up. It isn't, but that doesn't stop my imagination.

The scary thing is that I think it was my Paleo Granola. It smelled a little fermented to me this afternoon.
    I'm sure I'll be fine.

After some reflection, I am starting a new macro experiment tomorrow. I plan to report # of days binge free, maybe weight and physical / emotional state on a daily basis. I may choose to keep the exact nature of the plan to myself for a while.

I promise to post early tomorrow to prove I am still alive.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I do the same thing -- having gone through an episode of anaphylactic shock many years ago! If my palms start to itch I start to feel panic and get all freaked out.

Story: I ate strawberries one 4th of July. A few hour later my palms were itching terribly!! by morning I was unable to walk to the bathroom -- I crawled to the bathroom so I didn't wet myself. I crawled back to the bedroom where I called my husband (now ex) and told him I needed to go to the doctor ASAP. He rushed home and took me the doc - dropping off our 4 year old at my sisters on the way. The doctor looked me over - took my BP sitting, standing and laying down. Then told my now ex --- do you want to get her to hospital or should we call an ambulance? My BP was 80/50 and I was falling into a coma. At the hospital I began to recover before they even administered Benedryl (which I'm also allergic to -- causes hives!) My BP steadily rose, but the hives remained for a couple days. To this day I don't eat fresh strawberries.

Allergic reactions are scary - and not to be taken lightly. I understand your anxiety.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Alive. Will post later.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    weird and scary, alive and better or just alive?

Itchy. So now I am afraid to eat almonds which was the only nut in my granola mix. Is that irrational, or will I now react to nuts when I never have before? I don't plan on having any nuts for at least a week.

Weight today 224.7 -3 1 day binge free
    I actually started my experiment yesterday, but I believed that I would binge late last night due to the allergic reaction stress. I didn't. I convinced myself that spiking my blood sugar would only make me more anxious. Hurray for logical thinking!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-20-2013 at 08:17 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    awesome, every time you overcome the urge to binge it makes you more confident for the next challenge! 3 down in one day?!? I wish! I am still working on the weight I gained last month, only half way through it.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hooray for weight loss, but more importantly, NO binging!!!!!!!!!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Don't you love it when your 'good thinking' wins?!

Yes. Not wanting to die is very powerful. Wish I could re use that feeling the next time I want to binge.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One step (and day and binge) at a time, Paula.