Page 723 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 11125

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 723

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I thought they just had their annual bbq! How many do they do? Or did they do bbq for the garage sale? Or am I just really really bad with time passage?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That was the labor day pancake breakfast, But this BBQ was postponed from the middle of August. I might have mentioned it. Today, I got an appreciation certificate for my fabulous bathroom cleaning skills. Score!

Here is the ad I answered:

"Auditioning Male & Female Front Lead Vocalists.
    We are a large 10 piece wedding/corporate band with a full horn section serving the Hudson Valley for over 20 years. We are interested in auditioning both male and female front lead vocalists for sub work and possibly more if needed. We are looking for high energy seasoned professionals who can command an audience, sing on key, and harmonize well with others. Your personal repertoire should include all standard wedding/corporate style party music which is basically most top 40 hits from the 1940's to the current dance hits. Bilingual vocalists (Spanish) with some rapping ability (Pit Bull, Etc.) is definately a plus! Please, no egos or attitudes welcomed here. Only committed team players who will make all gigs and rehearsals. Thanks.

Here is my response:

Good Afternoon,

I am taking a chance and responding to your ad even though I don't precisely fit your criteria. I am an actress /singer who does musical theater around the Kingston area. I know many songs from different eras, though my repertoire may not include all of the songs your band plays. My stage experience, however, makes me a fast learner. I am also a Spanish teacher at a local HS, therefore am able to sing in both languages. I'm not sure that I would make a very good Pit Bull, but I know a lot of songs by Shakira and J-Lo. I would love to do some Celia Cruz. My only previous band experience was as a lead vocalist in the all teacher band for Battle of the Bands last year at my HS. I sang, lead and harmony during our set while playing several different small percussion instruments. Sadly, we "broke up" after that one performance. My experience with that group is what has inspired me to seek a place as a singer with a "real" band. I am certainly able to command an audience both onstage and in the classroom. So, if you do not find the seasoned, professional, female lead singer that you are looking for, maybe you could take a chance on me.

I do have one important question for you. In which HV town does the band rehearse? Please feel free to contact me with any questions that I did not answer in this email.

Thanks,
    Paula

I tried to be funny and let my personality out in the email. It probably won't come to anything, but at least I took action.
    PS, I think they are asking a lot looking for a person who knows all the wedding and party standards from the 1940's to present. Lol
    PPS, I deliberately left out any physical description. I figured if they are interested, they might ask or just arrange to meet me.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    If you're cleaning the bathroom a bunch of fireman use you probably deserve much more!!! lol.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    They didn't ask for a physical description so I doubt it's needed Your personality shows, P. Good luck!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Good response Hope you get a call!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    😍How could they not love you
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Great reply and good on you for going for it, hopes you gets the gig.

Ok, I'm really starting clean Primal today. The only safe thing at the BBQ was salad, so I gave up.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had a chance to catch up on all your posts but it sounds like life has been busy...Just stopping by to say hello again! Hope you are doing well
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs