Page 722 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 222622672712720721722723724732772822 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 11567

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 722

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, you are brave

I can understand the F it feeling. Just keep trying. We're all going to make it!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I personally just keep going back to the fact that essentially I quit smoking every day from the time I turned 21 until I was finally successful at age 30. I finally did something different enough that it stuck. Dieting is the same way, but harder because you eventually will have to put something in your mouth to survive. Add to that the years of misinformation and it is no wonder it has taken so long.

SING IT Girl!!!!!! Even if it doesn't work out, every experience makes you a better performer.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am going to respond to the ad, but a lot of it rides on where in the Hudson Valley the band has its home base and how often they rehearse.

That is an excellent way to think about it, Chris. If I don't at least try, I'll never know what might have been.

exactly, and eventually you will fall across the combination of food, movement, and stress reduction (performing for you I think) that makes it all work. We just need to remind ourselves that the journey is the experience right.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I seem to recall that your namesake was a front singer for a band. It's in your blood, baby: go for it!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Well...................??????? have you called yet???? This sounds exciting!

yesterday was my first day back on track as well. We will do this! I'm on strict primal for the rest of the month at least. I'm not calling it whole30 cuz I still use butter occasionally. And I will continue to step on the scale every morning, and I will continue to count calories and calculate my macros. At least until I start to see some progress in weight loss - which might require intervention with the bio-identicals.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I sent an email response to the ad. Maybe I'll paste the ad and my response here just for fun. Right now I am at the Firehouse annual bbq.

I thought they just had their annual bbq! How many do they do? Or did they do bbq for the garage sale? Or am I just really really bad with time passage?

That was the labor day pancake breakfast, But this BBQ was postponed from the middle of August. I might have mentioned it. Today, I got an appreciation certificate for my fabulous bathroom cleaning skills. Score!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here is the ad I answered:

"Auditioning Male & Female Front Lead Vocalists.
    We are a large 10 piece wedding/corporate band with a full horn section serving the Hudson Valley for over 20 years. We are interested in auditioning both male and female front lead vocalists for sub work and possibly more if needed. We are looking for high energy seasoned professionals who can command an audience, sing on key, and harmonize well with others. Your personal repertoire should include all standard wedding/corporate style party music which is basically most top 40 hits from the 1940's to the current dance hits. Bilingual vocalists (Spanish) with some rapping ability (Pit Bull, Etc.) is definately a plus! Please, no egos or attitudes welcomed here. Only committed team players who will make all gigs and rehearsals. Thanks.

Here is my response:

Good Afternoon,

I am taking a chance and responding to your ad even though I don't precisely fit your criteria. I am an actress /singer who does musical theater around the Kingston area. I know many songs from different eras, though my repertoire may not include all of the songs your band plays. My stage experience, however, makes me a fast learner. I am also a Spanish teacher at a local HS, therefore am able to sing in both languages. I'm not sure that I would make a very good Pit Bull, but I know a lot of songs by Shakira and J-Lo. I would love to do some Celia Cruz. My only previous band experience was as a lead vocalist in the all teacher band for Battle of the Bands last year at my HS. I sang, lead and harmony during our set while playing several different small percussion instruments. Sadly, we "broke up" after that one performance. My experience with that group is what has inspired me to seek a place as a singer with a "real" band. I am certainly able to command an audience both onstage and in the classroom. So, if you do not find the seasoned, professional, female lead singer that you are looking for, maybe you could take a chance on me.

I do have one important question for you. In which HV town does the band rehearse? Please feel free to contact me with any questions that I did not answer in this email.

Thanks,
    Paula

I tried to be funny and let my personality out in the email. It probably won't come to anything, but at least I took action.
    PS, I think they are asking a lot looking for a person who knows all the wedding and party standards from the 1940's to present. Lol
    PPS, I deliberately left out any physical description. I figured if they are interested, they might ask or just arrange to meet me.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.