Page 721 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723731771821 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 11312

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 721

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been playing around with some macros and supplements the last few weeks and have made some discoveries and decisions.

I upped l-tyrosine and 5htp to 3000 and 300mg respectively. I took 1500 l-t in the morning with 200 5htp and other aminos. I took the second dose of aminos in the afternoon, but I was taking the last 100mg 5htp at about 9pm . I definitely felt better with the higher doses, but my sleep was suffering. As an experiment, I decided to take my meds and the second dose of 5htp no later than 6pm. Now I am sleeping well again. I was always afraid to take 5htp during the day due to the possible sleepiness, but it is fine.

I've been attempting to do ADF again with clean low carb Primal. The thing is that I think my body is telling me to feed it. My DDs have been extremely hard. I have ended up overeating on the last three. Yesterday I ended up in a full blown binge. I felt exhausted and emotionally down yesterday afternoon. Today, post carb binge, my mood was elevated. I am temporarily dropping any kind of fasting. I am going to aim for 20% below my TDEE, 1900 cals. I will eat at least 100 grams of carb. I will aim to get 135 grams of protein or one g for each pound of LBM. The rest of my calories will come from fat, around 100 grams. I will track on MFP.

I will do this "feed myself" experiment for 30 days starting tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to binge less and keep emotions in a more stable place. I hate to think that there is no hope; that just because I am a middle aged, peri menopausal woman I have to keep suffering with the hormonal upheaval and binging. It may be absolutely true, but if I stop trying, I'll just end up back at 280lbs again.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-11-2013 at 01:55 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think this sounds like a good plan, Paula. Cheers from me!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm dropping the VLC thing too. I'm not even monitoring much anymore. I eat cashews and usually some small bit of veggie for dinner - usually potato or squash since it doesn't seem to cause the gastric issues. Low carb isn't helping me lose weight so why bother?

I'm just holding my own until I can see the doc about the bio-identical hormones. I'm sitting steady at 185 for the past 2 weeks. UGH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I be this will make a huge difference. You seem to do best when eating clean and minimally adding in any other restrictions, especially given how much you do (exercise, work, rehearsals, etc)

Ugh, doubled over in pain from bloating and gas this am. Luckily it got better before school. Yes, I did eat badly last night, but this has been coming for a few days. I had the sulphur burps on Tuesday and indigestion the last 2 days. I have not officially started with the new food plan.

First back up singers rehearsal last night. Some of the harmonies are tough. I'd like to say that I am past the hard feelings about not being the lead, but it still hurts and I'm still kind of pissed. It doesn't help that it is PMS week. It will be fine as long as I post my true feelings here so that I don't give them away there.

Today is my first payday. I am happy to report that with my husband's new job, we will both be getting full time paychecks. I am feeling better about money for the first time in years. Time to implement some Dave Ramsey stuff.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the icky feeling. I've just gotten over that myself after almost 2 weeks of very terrible eating.

How very awesome about the paychecks

Glad we're here to listen and help you vent. It's good to get it out instead of keeping it in. Hang in there.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I recommend ginger tea!

Good to hear about the financial stuff easing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    what they said, congrats on the paychecks! So sorry about the tummy. Glad you are able to find a "safe" place to vent.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I recommend Ginger Kombucha!

So exciting to hear that there is some relief financially -- yeah for 2 paychecks!

Its okay to be disappointed about losing out on the lead. Its something you really wanted, and were almost promised. Its normal to be let down and have XYZ feelings about it. Sing with all heart and enjoy it to the max!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Attempting to start clean Primal again. Hormones and negative emotions equal an oh F it attitude.

This morning on Craig's List, I found a listing for a 10 piece wedding/corporate band looking for a bilingual lead female singer. Singing with a band is on my bucket list. Am I brave enough to go for it?