Page 705 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755805 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 10880

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 705

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    "Just ok" is a big reason for me. Sometimes I cave to my cravings or the temptation and I feel so let down by the taste of whatever it was. My mind makes it such a bigger deal.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    All GREAT reasons!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    atta girl!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    just "ok" is the one that works for me. Yesterday there were cake pops at the party I was at, and they were just ok, well at least the bite of the one I had. I actually didn't finish it. Then I went home and made myself a really good dessert (I had strawberries left from some sangria I had made, so I topped them with some whipped cream sprinkled with stevia, and oh boy they were so much better than "just ok" cake pops). so that is my (admittedly, unasked for and unpaid for and likely unneeded, advice) if you want a treat, make it good. Think of what you would really want and just have a little bit of that. It will taste better, and you will feel better mentally and physically.

Another idea for the cupcakes is to divide them up into "whose" they are. ie. 3 for each of your boys, any number of indivisible slice them up. I wouldn't eat something I had decided was for one of my kids.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Smart Advice.

There is something deeply emotional going on today and I am very down on myself. This is partly my own fault and partly my husband's. It relates to the show yesterday, but I am just too exhausted to rehash it all right now.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    sad, can you get out of the house and do something for yourself? Stroll in a park, or around the campus when you pick up Billy? Maybe hit the Goodwill or a Thrift store and pick up a new blouse for your first day of school?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes it is best just to avoid things.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hoping today goes better! Thinking of ya.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am fasting today and feel clear headed and less food obsessed. I will have chicken and salad for dinner.

Billy liked his first class. He met a hs friend for lunch.

Mike did well through the ingrown toe nail removal and feels good today. We just received his school schedule. He is happy with it.

Kevin and I will tour the middle school and meet his teacher tomorrow night.

I plan to go work in my classroom Thursday or Friday.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I award you big shiny medals and trophies for being a teacher. I think that's one of the toughest jobs in the world!

I took two semesters of college Spanish back in the dark ages. I'd lived in Germany for 6 years before that, so I could speak survival German. Whenever my college Spanish professor called on me in class, in my panic I'd reply in German. She spoke German, too, of course, and would (in German) remind me that we were speaking Spanish.

At the end of the second semester, the professor said, "Next semester we'll start to learn how Spanish people actually have conversations." I gave up, then. I needed two semesters of a language for my degree, but I was frustrated that I'd been learning for a year and still couldn't converse with the parents of some of my kid's schoolmates (we were stationed in Texas at the time).

Anyhow, kudos to you!